Chapter 32

A N T O N I O

"Do it again Antonio!" My dad glares at me as I hold the gun with shaking hands. My dad and I have been doing intense training for the past few weeks and now it's time for my training to be coming to an end.

"Antonio, pull the trigger or you will be punished." My dad barks into my ear as I gulp down my fear showing no tears, the guy tied to the chair Infront of us is soaked in blood and naked.

Nausea pulles at my stomach as I close my eyes and shoot my first bullet to his leg.

"Again! And keep the eyes open!" He snaps at me and lifts my head making me gasp.

"I- I can't" I sob out as I point the gun at the guy's head now.

"You can and you will!" He looks at me with piercing eyes, and I remember the last time I disappointed my father, he called me so many names.

I can't disappoint him again so I pull the trigger and shoot.

My dad smiles and pats my head but I'm still crying, I didn't want to kill anyone.

I didn't ask for this.

I didn't ask to be a killer.

"Antonio!"

"Wake up!"

I blink and my eyes widen when I wake up from my dream and see Max looking down at me, how did I get on the floor?

I sigh and stand up, "your awake." I say and feel some guilt looking at her.

She nods, "yeah but..I woke up..you were talking in your sleep."

Oh no.

"Don't worry about it, are you feeling better?" I ask her, hoping I didn't say anything incriminating.

"Yeah but you-" I cut her off but giving her a small smile "good let's go get you some breakfast."

I'm trying to walk us but she doesn't let me, surprising me but giving me a hug.

I pause but don't stop her, still shocked.

"You wanted me to talk..but it goes both ways Antonio" she whispers and looks up at me.

My eyes staring back at me, my dad's eyes the same color as us.

"I heard you telling someone to stop, you were asking for help." She whispers as she looks at me with those piercing eyes, and damn it's not easy being on the receiving end of it.

I sigh and nod, "I had a nightmare" I say but I don't give details, "I had a rough childhood experience."

She blinks and pulls away to look at me better, "but your rich."

I can't help but laugh slightly "just because you have money doesn't mean you don't have problems, everyone is going through something max."

She nods, "your right."

I'm a little confused when her cheeks flush, "I'm sorry, I thought you didn't understand me but I was wrong, I just didn't think you would get me because you've had such a great life."