Part 2

M A X

Home is a place in your heart that you just miss, I've been trying to find my forever home since I was a little child, not understanding why her parents would leave her.

But my past is just that, in the past where it needs to stay, Scott needs to stay in the past.

I never want to think about him again because I know now what real love feels like, it's comforting and never leaves you wether your sick or healthy and happy.

I'm happy and healthy living under my dad's roof.

Life is strange, it can move so fast but I'm greatful for Antonio and my uncles.

I'm still trying to get used to calling Antonio dad but it's starting to get easier, before I came to school I told him that I would be good and gave him a hug.

It felt weird but the good kind of weird, like I said taking it as slow as I need to.

I'm glad he's happy about it though, he's made it clear how he feels and I'm greatful, Leo jokes about Antonio being cold and distant but he hasn't been that way to me.

The teacher shoots me a glare and I blink in surprise, this class is so boring I'm falling asleep.

Math is not my favorite but I have to do it, I tired in the beginning but now I just feel like giving up, all the teachers care about is there pay check.

I'm well aware of everyone in the room who also isn't paying attention. Everyone except Scott, he's the perfect student, taking notes and eyes on the teacher.

I'm not really surprised, there's just something about Scott, he's striving to be better wether that's in sports or school.

Maybe...he can tutor me or something, I'm still struggling and I really don't want to disappoint Antonio, he's spending and supporting me the last thing I want to do is fail.

He offers a gentleman smile as we get our grades back from the test and surprise I got an average grade, its not enough to pass in a fancy school like this though.

Once the bell rings everyone is out of there seats in a matter of seconds as I catch up with Scott, "hey." I say smiling.

He smiles back, "oh hey max, tough test right?"

I nod and sigh, "oh yeah I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so..what grade did you get?" I ask.

He nods, "I got a 100 percent, but I have to in order to try out for sports."

I let out a sigh, of course he got a perfect score.

"Well uh, would you be open to helping me? I didn't do as good."

He nods "oh sure, of course I'll help you."

I offer him a greatful smile, "oh God thank you."

He smiles and nods, "you helped me so I'll help you."

I nod and sigh, "to be honest I didn't think school would be this hard."

He looks at me a little confused as we walk outside with our backpacks, "what? You haven't been to school before?" He asks.

I nod, reluctantly letting it slip "I have when I was really young but that's when I went into foster care."