3

JULY 26TH 2018

Unfortunately for me, Jay still ended up going to the same university as I did. And we even took the same classes.

During the university exams, that was the worst time of my life.

I sat waiting for my results, refreshing the page in the library over and over, just trying to see whether they had been uploaded yet.

But nothing, nothing yet.

Out of nowhere, Jay approached me, smugly, with his laptop and sat directly beside me. I rolled my eyes, god, this guy was so entitled.

He'd been the university heartthrob, not only because of his good looks, but because his father owned a surgical clinic, and he was loaded. When I say loaded, I mean loaded.

Though, I must admit, he never flaunt his wealth so much that it was obnoxious, but you could just tell he grew up with a golden spoon in his mouth from day one, I guarantee he's never had to worry about whether he'll be able to eat the next day.

"Watch this Sarang, this time, I'll get higher than you." Jay spoke, rapidly clicking the reload button on the result website.

"Pfft, in your dreams fuckboy." I did the exact same thing, refreshing and refreshing.

I resorted to calling him fuckboy usually, not necessarily because he was a fuckboy, but I just liked assuming, and he'd gotten used to it at this point.

And finally, the website slowly started loading, my heart racing once again. Nothing gave me greater adrenaline than seeing results from an exam.

I checked my results, on the screen, was the number 3455 plastered in bold. I was extremely happy with this score, almost about to scream out of joy. The whole thing was out of 3600, so to be in the 3400s, was absolutely amazing.

I looked over at Jay's screen, and he did the same as me.

He immediately stood up, a wide smile on his face.

"YES!!!!!" He yelled in the awfully quiet library. Heads turned, looking at us like we were crazy.

"Shut the fuck up!" I whispered, annoyed that he had actually gotten a higher score than me.

And it wasn't even higher by a lot.

His screen, the number 3456 was written in bold. It's not a big difference, but he still got higher. I slammed the screen shut, annoyed that he was celebrating in such a mocking way.

I walked out of the library, agitated. Jay followed behind, sneering and laughing, along with repeating a singular phrase over and over again.

"3456, 3456, 3456, 3456.." And so on.

"Oh my god, would you shut up?" I accepted my defeat, but this only motivated me to work harder as soon as I got placement in a hospital.

"Looks like the Lee Sarang is under the Park Jay now, how does it feel, being lower than me~?" He jeered, having such an irritating expression on his face.

I wish I could slap him in the face right now, but I can't resort to physical violence over my own fault.

"Alright, fine, you win this time. But just wait til you're leeching off daddy's money." I stopped, facing him as he stopped jeering and mocking me.

We stared at each other, and after his eyes scanned my face, he gave a chuckle, looking to the side for a second and then back at my face.

"Aw, are you mad? It's okay, just try harder next time." Jay spoke in a low voice, but you could tell he was being so insincere and a complete asshole, "See you later sweetheart!!" He waved goodbye as he pranced to his flashy, new car.

I rolled my eyes, watching his driver drive off, his car becoming smaller and smaller in the distance.

I blew raspberries, feeling defeated and annoyed by Jay's attitude over this. These exams were pretty important too, the closer my score was to 3600, the more likely I'd get into a medical practice.

But whatever, it's not like I was massively away from him, after all, it was only by one point.

I stormed home, entering and slamming the door behind me. My mother approached me gingerly, cupping my face and then immediately retracting her hands as she saw how bad my mood was.

I walked into the living room, and to my surprise, most of my relatives were sat there, looking at me, waiting.

"What? What happened? Bad score? Sarang??" My mother looked worried, her voice gently trembled in front of all of our guests.

"3455." I told her, monotone.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!!!! Oh my god!! My daughter is going to be a doctor! She's going to be a doctor guys!!!!" She engulfed me into a hug as all my relatives cheered, and out of nowhere, my brother brought out a cake.

He looked like he was forced to bring it out. But even so, this didn't really help my mood that much.

Man, I hate you Jay.