34

My smug smile dropped, and I stared at him, blankly.

"Woah, okay, um.. well, I can't exactly stay..." I told him, giving a nervous chuckle as the pattering of my heart increased, his gaze fixated on me.

He gave a groan, walking over somewhere and returning back with his car keys.

"I'm taking you home, and then to the hospital." Jay swung his keys around his fingers as I nodded my head, ready to leave.

I opened the door, and just about as I was about to leave, Hyojin came running out.

"Where are you going? Can I come??" Hyojin squealed out, eagerly looking at Jay as I checked the time on my phone.

"The car is a two seater." Jay bluntly replied to Hyojin's excited tone.

"Oh Jay, I know you have other, bigger cars." She gave a laugh as I pressed my lips together, a little annoyed by her.

"Hyojin, it's an emergency, just stay here, I'll be back sometime soon." He gave her a vague answer, her face falling down again.

She wasn't amused at all, but what could she do? 

So, with that, we walked out, stepping into Jay's Porsche. I set the navigation to my house, although I told myself I'd never let him near my house, in this moment, I had no choice.

He sped off furiously, the engine roaring, leaving every car on the road behind. I had no idea whether he was taking his anger out through speeding, or whether he was genuinely making it quick so I could get straight to surgery.

Jay's phone rang, and it connected to his car at first. His father was calling him, he glanced briefly at the contact, and let it ring, up until he stopped calling.

I looked over at him, confused to why he literally just ignored his own father.

"Why did you not pick up?" I furrowed my brows slightly, a bit perplexed.

"Simply 'cause I don't want to." Jay replied with a blunt tone to his voice, his words having such a sharp edge to them.

"God, look at you, on your manperiod." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and looking out of the window.

"Manperiod? No - he just said something I didn't like." Jay corrected me, judging by his tone of voice, he wouldn't elaborate on what he said he didn't like, but I probably could infer it was something to do with me.

Maybe even that phone call at Eunhye's. I shrugged, a light smile peering out of my lips.

"Yeah, okay." I chuckled to myself at his pettiness. I did wonder what the call was about though, maybe he was going to force him to marry Hyojin, or talk shit on my name again. Who knows.

"God's sake, you've left me with Hyojin, I'm actually going to hate you forever now." He groaned, leaning his head back and holding the nape of his neck with his hand.

"Don't miss me too much, I told you - you have severe attachment issues." I gave a cocky response, to which he just turned his head to glare at me.

"I am going to miss you." Jay took me aback with his comment, and I wish my face was recorded when he said that, cause my whole face just dropped.

My eyes widened, my mouth widened, just staring at him with disbelief. What, was he admitting that he enjoyed my company?

"Okaaay, pause, paauuse, you're sounding too flirtatious right now and I don't trust you." I stared at him, examining his side profile as he let out a chuckle with a small smile.

"Aw, look, are you flustered sweetheart?" A smug smirk emit from his lips as he parked outside my apartment complex. He turned his head to look at me, the gaze in his eyes so sharp and intent.

Yes, truth was, yes I was flustered. But would I admit that? Hell no.

"Sit in here and think about your actions." I snapped back at him, stepping out of his car and hurriedly heading into the apartment complex, pressing the one riiiight at the top.

My heart was feeling unfamiliarly heavy. And as I entered my apartment, I felt conflicted with myself - I probably shouldn't of told Hyojin anything regarding the contract.

Damn, if his father finds out, the two of us are fucked.

As I was getting changed, I just let out a series of groans and complaints, knowing I fully screwed up - and I didn't want to tell Jay - not at all.

Right now, he seemed so on edge and despite his little flirty nature he suddenly was possessed by, I could tell that if I told him - he'd sit me out of his car on some random road and make me walk to the hospital.

You know what, maybe I'll just let the world do the job for me instead, I mean, inevitably he'll find out someday.

With that in mind, after finishing getting changed, I hurried out of my apartment, heading down and back into Jay's car.

He stared at me for a little too long, observing my face and then my work clothes.

"Hellooo? I know I look good and all, but I do have people to help." I snapped my fingers in front of his face, he cut out of his daze and began driving.

"Look good my ass." He mumbled under his breath with a smile that was slowly appearing.