31

His room was surprisingly nice, I don't know what I expected, but it surely wasn't this.

It was a huge room, with an ensuite, a whole balcony, a walk in closet. Like, his room was a house itself. 

Nonetheless, I head over to his closet, walking into the separate room and staring at all the stuff in here. Just clothing racks, shelves and stands of clothes, shoes, hats, watches, accessories.

Everything, you name it.

I guarantee you he hasn't even wore half of the stuff in here - wow, what a stuck up motherfucker.

I traced my fingers through the clothes on the racks, looking at what suit to my taste. 

I stopped at a white blouse, it was nothing special, just an oversized white blouse. Regardless, I took it, taking my dress off and putting the blouse on, unbuttoning the first few buttons.

The sleeves were too big, and the shirt ended up being like a very very short dress. It's still cute though. I looked for pants, obviously it'd be weird if I came out like this.

I settled on black sweatpants, the outfit was nothing special seriously.

After changing, I walked out of there, looking in his room just out of curiosity. I was going to leave, but I wanted to just see what he had in here.

There wasn't anything abnormal, just some photos of him and friends, his computer, some other more pointless things. Wow, I thought he would've had more interesting - laughable things here.

Nevermind though. 

Accepting defeat, I walked out of his room, leaning on the banister that gave a view of the entrance of the house, a chatter barely being heard from a room.

It was definitely Hyojin's voice.

I walked down the grand staircase, seeing maybe if I could overhear their conversation. Sorry but, I am probably the most nosiest person in the world.

I reached the bottom of the staircase and finally, I could make out something, barely anything, but with my own deductions I probably could form a legible sentence.

"Your house is so big, do you not get lonely over here?" She gave a sweet chuckle - and I seriously still, couldn't understand why he hated her so much.

Sure she was naive and a little stupid - but what's so bad about that? The girl is whipped around you and she's willing to do anything to get with you - and you're just throwing that away?

God, I feel guilty for even being here right now.

"No, not really. My girlfriend keeps me company." Jay replied bluntly - he didn't even try and sound remotely enthusiastic, which annoyed me even more.

Girlfriend keeps you company? This is my first time being in here, he's so sad.

"Oh.. oh yeah.." She gave a sullen chuckle, trying to sound not as hurt as I knew she was, "How did she catch your eye?"

I was going to walk in, but at her question, I stopped, listening into their conversation for a little while longer. It wouldn't hurt.

"She always has, she's competitive, feisty even. I like that, makes me want to keep chasing. She's spontaneous and acts like a complete idiot. It just makes me laugh." Jay was chuckling while saying that, and I wasn't even sure whether he was still saying this for the sake of the act or what.

"Oh. She's really pretty too." She gave a small, timid laugh. I could just sense the hurt from that laugh, it's the kind of laugh you do when you pity your own self.

"Yeah, even when she's drunk out of her mind or when she's spread all over the floor, she still looks pretty to me." Jay replied, his tone of voice sounding much less cold.

Okay - hold on - I don't know why he was saying this while sounding so sincere, but it was making my heart waver either way.

"She's lucky-"

Instead of listening a bit more, I stepped into the same room, Hyojin shot her head towards me, eyes widening at the sight of me.

Jay leant on the kitchen counter on his side, arms lightly folded and eyes darting down from my face, to my outfit.

"Oh- You're here- Oh. Hey." Hyojin actually spoke to me for once, but after that, she looked away from me, just staring at Jay.

"Hey, what'd I miss?" I inquired, looking at Jay who just simply gazed into my eyes, not saying a word.

I don't know what he was doing, but with that gaze - dangerous.

"Not much, sweetheart." Jay responded with that nickname he knew fine well - annoyed me. I glared at him, pressing my lips lightly together.

The look on my face spoke volumes right now, and he was amused with teasing me. Instead of retorting back at him, I remained civil in front of Hyojin.

'Fuck you' is all I lipsynced to him, and he seemed to understand, reinforced by the huge grin on his face.

Before any of us could speak, Jay received a phone call, and as he looked at his phone, he glanced at me, then at Hyojin.

"Excuse me." He excused himself out of the room, leaving only me and Hyojin together.

An awkward cloud settled over the room.