22

Jay gave a nervous chuckle, glancing over at me after his mother posed the question to him.

"Why I never told you about her? Well.." He once again looked over at me, unsure of what to even say.

"He didn't want to admit that he liked me." I gave a wide smile, Jay just glared at me, not cracking a single smile.

Jay's mother placed her hand over her heart, giving such a sweet look at the two of us.

"Awwh, you were shy? That is so unlike you Jay - I can't believe you didn't want to admit it, it's so obvious that you love her." She responded, still mesmerised with me.

I really liked the fact that I was basically in the winning lead right now - I was embarrassing Jay more than he was embarrassing me thankfully.

Jay just gave me a look, he was clearly not satisfied with how I was acting, but he quickly gave a smile again, chuckling and looking down to his lap for a brief moment.

"Sarang, what do you enjoy doing?" Mrs Son suddenly inquired, and I looked over at her, she seemed nice enough to not give me a backhanded compliment, unlike her husband.

See, now this question kind of stumped me. What do I actually enjoy? Other than working endless days and sleeping and doing absolutely nothing worth my life.

"I.. like to.. go out with friends and just enjoy my life." I told them, hopefully convincingly enough.

Jay gave a scoff, and I kicked his leg gently under the table, that shut him up real quick. I saw in my peripheral sight, how he slowly turned his head to look at me.

"Oh, that's sweet, our Hyojin loves to do stuff like that too, maybe one day you guys could go out together with some friends?" She offered and I just gave a nervous laugh, glancing over at Jay who was tight-lipped.

He widened his eyes, ever so slightly shaking his head quickly.

"Ah, maybe, I'm not sure though because I am quite busy with work." I tried to politely hint at rejection, to which Mr Son looked up at me, his face clearly showed distaste.

"I don't see what he sees in her, she seems too much of a workaholic." He muttered under his breath bitterly, but it was literally loud enough for everybody to hear.

The entire table was silent, only thing that could be heard was the clanging of utensils against the ceramic plates.

"Hyun-bin, I'm sure that she's not.." Mrs Son attempted to ease the atmosphere created by Hyun-bin, but regardless of her efforts, I don't think it was working.

I just pretended as if I didn't hear it.

"Don't you get involved." He murmured back in a hiss-like tone.

In attempt to stop this being so awkward, I excused myself to the bathroom. Jay watched as I walked out of the dining hall, heading into any room aside from that one.

Truth be told, I had no clue where I was going, but I just didn't want to sit in that room with a pissed man in his sixties who's getting mad over me being with Jay.

I wasn't even truthfully with him.

Whatever though, you can't please people no matter what you do.

I found myself walking around this entire palace, they had rooms upon rooms, seriously, I thought that I was bound to get lost - and I still couldn't find a bathroom.

I found the wine cellar room before a damn bathroom.

"Who the fuck needs this many rooms?!" I spoke to myself, irritated on how I couldn't even find such a simple room like a bathroom, "I don't even want to imagine the house of that obnoxious fucker." I rolled my eyes, still walking around like a lunatic.

I turned around, and literally almost jumped out of my own skin at the sight of Jay, leant against the edge of the door frame, arms crossed and just staring at me.

"The house of that obnoxious fucker??" He repeated my words, raising a brow slightly, and I just gave an uncertain smile, "I hope you're not talking about me."

"Oh no, don't report me to your daddy Jay - oh please don't get me fired for saying you're an obnoxious fucker, oh what will I ever do?" I deadpanned, rolling my eyes once again as he just gave a chuckle, not saying a word, but just staring at me.

"You know what, I don't even know what I'm doing here, I thought you would've been upset but nevermind - clearly you're still as insane as you usually are." Jay gave a scoff, in disbelief with his own self for trying to find me.

"Insane? Care to elaborate? Because I believe you're the insane one - who willingly lives in a huge mansion alone? Like.." I gave a short laughter, just imagining him all by himself in his gigantic house of his.

Jay just gave another scoff, lightly shaking his head. The corner of his lip curled upwards in irritation.

"Oh, so you wanna talk about being alone? Alright then fine, you said you like going out with friends? Please inform me which ones." Jay chuckled, "and where are your boyfriends? Oh wait? You've never had a relationship beside this fake one? How sad."

I was going to talk back, and respond to his silly little remarks, but unfortunately, I had to change my plans immediately.