30

A WHILE LATER

A few more drinks down, I found myself drowsier than ever.

My body was spilled over Eunhye's lap, and she was just playing with my hair as I occasionally shut my eyes for a while and then opened them.

I was on the verge of falling asleep, but I just couldn't let myself.

My body didn't want to move, and I felt like a sloth basically. Eunhye's fingers trailed down my hair, damn, I was literally going to sleep in a second.

The vibe was quite warm, hearty and sweet. They were all talking softly, laughing and enjoying this moment, the house was warm and there was no awkward atmosphere present.

My eyes gradually became heavier by the second, my blinking ever so slowly becoming more hazy and long.

"Is she asleep?" Jay's voice came from nowhere, and at this point my eyes were shut, lips pouted while laying sideways on Eunhye's lap.

Eunhye gently leant over, trying to look at my face to see if I was even conscious.

"Seems like it, are you taking her home? She can stay here if you can't take her." Eunhye smiled, and honestly, I think I would rather.

"It's alright, I'll take her back, look at her face." Jay gave a laugh, others joining in.

"That's gonna be the best sleep of her life." Go-eun chuckled, the sound of a camera taking pictures followed.

-

I slowly unstuck my eyes, opening them as I felt a cold, hard surface beneath me. I rolled around, and the cold feeling with my skin woke me up faster than I wanted.

I shot my eyes open, looking at what was going on right now.

Why. The fuck. Was I. On the. Floor.

I was laying on the marble floor of someone's house - and it didn't even take me long to deduce who's fucking kingdom this was.

The king himself walked into the place I was in. He stared at me, holding back his laughter.

"Why the fuck was I on the floor." I sat up, staring at him with literal deathbeams.

Jay gave a laugh.

"It's a long story, just to let you know, I tried to at least put you on something soft, but you refused." He shrugged, sitting on the sofa as I stood up, just glaring at him.

"There's no way I refused to lay on something soft, you're fucking evil." I rubbed my neck as I sat on the soft cushion of his sofa.

"Woah woah, don't accuse me of letting you sleep on the floor. I know you act like you don't belong on planet Earth, but I'd still treat you like a person." Jay spoke, and his words made me just want to facepalm myself and slap him in the face.

I turned my head slowly to look at him.

"Just you wait til you want me to come to another family dinner, I'll show you how otherworldy I can act." I retort back at him with a scoff as his lips curved into a smirk.

"I doubt it can get any worse than what it currently is. Please never put me in charge of you when you're drunk." Jay shook his head, then shuddered jokingly.

I shot a vexed glance at him to which his lips upturned into a light smile.

"I bet you're exaggerating, little princess Jay can't handle me?" I crossed my arms, giving a yawn as he rubbed his face.

"Little princess Jay? You know you almost got my ass arreste-" Before he could finish his sentence, a soft knock on the door cut his words off.

I raised a brow, wondering how on Earth I managed to almost put him in jail. And also, who the hell was here?

Jay looked as equally as confused as I did. And that never meant anything good. Regardless, the two of us approached the front door, I was stood behind Jay, peering from the side as he opened the door.

In front, revealed a smiley Hyojin, her eyes mesmerised into Jay's. Thankfully, she didn't see me. I fixed my posture, stood directly behind Jay so she wouldn't see me.

"Hyojin.. hey...." Jay sounded a little perplexed and nervous.

"Jay!! What's up!! Can I come in?" Her cheery voice contrast his, and he gave a light, inaudible sigh to which I gave a gentle smile.

"Just.. give me two seconds." He was so not into this, he closed the door, looking at me with such a serious expression.

"Upstairs, head straight down the corridor and take a right, there's one door in that whole corridor - my room - go and change, as quick as possible, and get your ass down here." He whispered to me in a hiss-like tone.

I just stared at him, a smirk on my lips with a smug raise of the brow.

"Let me show you how much I can act like I don't belong on Planet Earth, Jay." I stared at his eyes, he responded with the same.

A few seconds of pretty tense, sharp eye contact between us.

"I dare you, and just watch." Jay replied in a low tone, not cutting his gaze off me.

"Alright, sure thing." I gave him a grin, Hyojin's impatient voice coming from the other side of the door.

 I quickly scurried up the stairs, following the directions Jay gave me, and ending up in his room.