6

TWO WEEKS LATER

The day was here, and after barely being able to sleep, I finally had finished getting ready.

Everything from head to toe was perfect, absolutely everything. I could barely even recognise myself.

Damn, in an alternate universe, I would probably be some kind of model covering on magazines.

I traced my hands along my figure, just loving how this dress fit me, and how the entire look came together. It was no exaggeration on how good I looked, I should probably do this more often.

After a while of accidentally being too narcissistic, I checked the time, and almost panicked. I would have to hurry, since all that self centredness caused me to delay by about fifteen minutes.

And the venue was not close either.

I hurriedly grabbed a clutch bag, placing the envelope inside and along with my phone and car keys. I head out of my house, unlocking my car.

Another good thing about being a surgeon, was the amount of money you made. I had never really had anything to spend my money on, so when it came to buying things such as cars, I had vast options.

You really couldn't go wrong with a Porsche.

I sat in the car, switching it on, the engine rumbled as I started the car, driving off shortly after. The drive there was also way too exciting, It felt like a child being dropped off to their first sleepover ever.

Unfortunately for me, I ended up being stuck in traffic. This really bothered me since I was already going to be late since I left late.

The cars were moving so slow, so slow, and barely. I rolled my eyes, groaning as the time to be at the venue was slowly nearing, I would one hundred percent be late at this point, there's no doubt.

So, instead of being patient and abiding, I pushed in front of cars, beeping and being the most obnoxious driver there was on the road.

Til at one point, I just decided that a road fine would be better than waiting in this traffic. I looked at the road that was heading the opposite direction, it was so empty, maybe like a car every ten minutes, whereas there were a shit ton of them here, barely moving.

I took this as an opportunity to drive into the other side of the road, completely going against any road ethics. It would be okay, I drove fast, making sure I could get out of this side of the road quickly.

I checked the mirrors, a few other cars had decided to follow the lead, doing the exact same thing as I did. I chuckled to myself, pushing in front of the cars in the lane I was in, merging back into the correct lane and driving towards the highway I was supposed to go to.

Sometimes, you really just kind of have to ignore any morals or ethics in life.

I sped across the highway, not paying any care to the others on the road, that is just how excited I was about this little reunion - or so I thought it'd be little.

And not so long, I made it to the place, tons and tons of cars parked in the parking lot, that it was even difficult to find a space to park. But eventually, I found a space, beside another Porsche actually.

I looked at the car plate, I'd use this to remember where I parked.

'J4444Y'

I shrugged, that'd be fairly easy to remember. And with that, I headed towards the venue.

I was only ten minutes late, which was actually pretty good considering that traffic would've held me up at least half an hour. The bodyguards at the doors looked at me, holding their hand out, I passed them the envelope, they read it carefully, and then proceeded to hand me the envelope back, opening the doors.

Upon walking in, I was purely stunned. It was like a ballroom in here, full of tables with people sat on them, waiters running round with circular plates that had drinks on them, people laughing, talking, even a whole ass orchestra.

Damn, are we sure that this wasn't the wedding itself? The budget for the actual wedding must be huge.

I walked up to the guy in front of a stand, who seemed like he'd know where I was sat.

"Invitation please." He smiled lightly as his eyes lit up, seeing my face.

I slid him the invite again, and he read it, eyes squinting as he read a specific corner of the letter.

"Okay, follow along, I'll show you to your designated table." He smiled, beckoning me to follow him.

He guided me through various of tables, and when I say that this place was packed, I mean it. There were people everywhere, most of the tables were full, people were having fun and laughing, goddamn.

He stopped, pointing over to a table different than the rest of them. The vast majority of tables were circular, fitting around five people, but the table he was pointing at was longer, decorated better and contained more people.