25

"Leaving? Already? But we didn't even manage to talk to Sarang that much." Mrs Park complained, frowning in disappointment slightly.

I gave a chuckle - wow, at least somebody liked me here.

"Maybe talk to your husband about what just happened first." Jay retort, and I just glanced over at him, pretending to be confused.

The three women frowned in confusion, wondering what the hell he was talking about.

"Now if you excuse us, we're leaving." Jay took my hand in his, also taking me aback, and with that - we walked away, leaving them stunned.

"Wait- but Jay!" Hyojin's voice finally spoke up, and it was the first time I heard her actual voice.

I stopped walking, Jay tried dragging me, but I wouldn't move away. I wanted him to talk to her.

He looked at me, evidently angry and frustrated with my incompliance. I placed my hand on top of his hand that was gripping mine, all he did was just shoot daggers at me through his eyes.

But, my softened eyes met his, and his frustrated gaze dissipated ever so lightly. His grip around my wrist loosened, an inaudible sigh leaving his lips.

"What." He retort, and I stepped on his foot for that tone of voice. He glared at me, cursing under his breath and then proceeding to take a deep breath, "What is it?" His voice was more of the attitude I wanted him to have.

She approached him, holding a homemade bracelet. It was pretty cute, the charms on there were so pretty and to be honest, if I was allowed to wear bracelets during surgery, I would definitely wear it.

She took ahold of his hand, placing the bracelet in his palm and closing his hand, her hopeful gaze shining onto his face - he was pissed to say the least.

"Do you remember when we used to make those stupid bracelets when we were kids? I recently got into the hobby of making my own bracelets, and I want you to have the one I made for myself." She glanced at me, a nervous glance, "You know.. for memories.."

Oh girl, if only I could tell you that I wasn't really dating him. I'd ensure to be your best wingwoman possible.

I flashed her a small smile, to which she ignored and looked down, a sullen look on her face as she gave a sigh, looking back up at Jay with hopeful eyes, starry eyes even.

"Okay. Thanks." Jay nonchalantly responded, his voice colder than I've ever heard.

"See you later." She waved with a smile as Jay just turned around and head out, grabbing my hand once again.

As soon as we got in the car, I stared at him, irritated. I folded my arms, just staring at him intently with my brows crossed.

"Why are you looking at me like that.." Jay turned his head slowly, shoving the bracelet into some random compartment carelessly.

"How dare you act like that to Hyojin? What's so bad about her anyways? She seems cute, and plus, you two know each other for years." I asked him, to which he just rolled his eyes and began driving off.

He ignored me for a while, jesus fucking christ, these guys are so picky.

"She's dumb, annoying and naive as hell." Jay finally replied, "I have no issue with her appearance, I don't care about that stuff really - but I prefer smart girls, I like girls who have goals in life, and not just to sit at home and do nothing all day."

"Yeah well, not everyone's goal in life is to dedicate their life to work. Some people have other aspirations, for example, become a housewife or simply not date anyone." I spoke, scrolling on my phone, "You're picky as fuck."

I saw from the corner of my eye, as he turned his head slowly, to glare at me for a brief second.

"I know that you've never had any relationships, so you wouldn't know what it's like to be with an annoying significant other, but let me tell you this - it's worse than when patients eat the morning before surgery, especially when you've reiterated to them numerous times, to come to the surgery with an empty stomach." Jay simply stated, and that told me all I needed to know.

"She's that bad?" I winced, no way, she seemed so sweet.

He nodded his head, and then gave a sigh.

"I mean, maybe you should give her a chance.. Maybe you'll get used to her. After all, you have been friends for however long, you've coped with her until now, just get used to it." I explained to him, maybe he'd actually consider it, "It's not like her doing nothing will be bothersome to you, least you'll come home to a clean house."

"It will be bothersome to me. I want a girlfriend who I can share complaints with, laugh about, tell her about my job. She won't understand a single thing about surgery - you want me to tell her that my day at work was 'okay' every single day?" Jay sounded like he was taking it a little too personal, damn okay.

"Alright? It was just a suggestion, well. I guess it explains why you're still single." I shrugged, feeling satisfied with my reply.

"Well, tell me why you're still single then." Jay asked me a question I don't think I've ever even thought about yet.