14

I slowed down, until I stopped, and now we were just staring at each other. I was in my messy surgeon scrubs, while he was dressed up immaculately.

"Is he alright?" Jay asked me, obviously concerned.

"Yeah, he should be fine. Probably the hardest operation I've done, I'm surprised he made it out, what a lucky guy." I told him, looking to the ground very briefly before looking up at Jay again.

"Thank you, seriously Sarang, I don't think I'll thank you enough." He rubbed his face, he was slightly pale too.

"What even happened? Who is he to you?" I asked him, just because I was curious.

"It's my father, my mother and him got hit by a truck in their car, I'm not sure if it was intentional or not." He gave a very exasperated sigh, running his fingers through his hair.

"Hm, well, both your mother and father are doing okay. You don't need to worry about anything." I consoled him, giving a small smile before turning around and proceeding to walk off.

"Wait, Sarang." Jay called my name, and I stopped, looking at him. Seriously, he didn't look that well either.

"Jay. Are you feeling okay?" I asked im, approaching him slowly and unsure.

"Huh..? Oh.. yeah.." And just as he said that, he fell to the floor in an instant, his eyes closing and body completely giving up.

I groaned, not this fucker too. I ran up to him, picking him up from the floor and holding his limp body in my arms as two nearby nurses ran to grab a wheelchair. I tapped his face, it was pale and cold.

I put him on the wheelchair, giving a slight chuckle at him. So much for feeling 'okay.'

"Where do you want him to go Dr Lee?" One of the nurses asked, and I just looked at him. Okay, maybe I felt a little bad, but also maybe I don't.

I wasn't sure at this moment.

"Just take him to a VIP room too, his family probably would rather die than be in the same room as regular patients." I rolled my eyes, it was the truth.

They nodded, wheeling him off down the VIP department. I'd check on him later, but right now I was desperate to change out of these bloody scrubs and sit down.

I made my way to the office, by chance, encountering the Head of Surgery. He grinned, greeting me.

"Lee Sarang! Just heard about the amazing surgery you performed." He applauded me with a bright smile, I gave him a tired one back.

"Thank you." I gave a sigh, opening my locker and taking out my standard work clothes.

"You performed on a very important man. He's head of medical board, he owns that huge company and his son has his own clinic - I reckon this will get you a good word." He winked, nudging me as I gave a few uncertain laughs.

"Let's just hope so." I nodded, trying my best to not fall asleep right then, right there.

AN HOUR LATER

I lounged around the hospital a little, doing checks on people in the standard wards and people who had surgery a few days ago.

As I was doing my rounds, a doctor stopped me.

"Uh, Dr Lee, patient in room U424 is requesting you." She told me, and I nodded, making my way towards that department.

I found myself in the VIP department, walking towards the room. I head inside the room which Jay's father was laying in, he was actually awake, and so was Jay.

Seemed like he healed up pretty quickly. The two of them looked at me as I walked in, I was so exhausted I thought that I was about to be next to faint.

But no, my body held on pretty strong as I stood beside him.

"Are you the surgeon who operated on me?" He inquired, and this could be of two things; he is going to kill me, or, he's going to applaud me.

"Yes sir." I tried to suppress the beating in my heart, I was actually pretty nervous, for a change.

He beckoned me to come closer, I leant in, moving closer to him.

"Thank you, thank you for saving my life. I heard it was a very tough surgery with a low chance of me making it out, and I cannot thank you enough for your sacrifice." He gave me a smile, "I guarantee you that good karma will come back to you. Thank you once again, for both me, my wife, and my son. You have done wonders, you should be proud."

I just had a smile on my face, I had no other choice but to smile. I just forced it anyways, the nervousness in my heart settling as his comments were nothing but good.

"Thank you for your words, I appreciate it. I hope you feel better." I gave him a gentle bow, feeling like I could literally fall asleep right here.

I made eye contact with Jay, only for a slight second, then, I turned away and left. I leant against the door, giving a deep exhale after that awkwardness.

"She's a miracle isn't she father?" Jay's voice came from the room, and I raised my brows hearing him actually compliment me.

Now, a genuine smile found it's way on my face.