Hm.

before the chapter starts, i would like to ask you to spare a minute or two and read the text in the image above (forgive the censored language, i didnt want it to be taken down). its an announcement i posted on wattpad on 1st march, and i feel like i should repeat it here. it is incredibly important to take note of the username mentioned in the announcement—especially if you follow and engage with editors on youtube and instagram (more so instagram due to its messaging feature). this guy is also on discord and on wattpad, and on all four sites he goes by the name of 'tao'.

please be careful and avoid contact with him at all cost. he is dangerous. i won't say exactly what he's done because there's way too much to list (and it's triggering for me and likely for others too), but all i will say is that he has groomed many minors and made inappropriate requests of them that are sexual in nature (and has on at least one occasion involved s/h). in the original announcement i explained it very poorly, but as it says, i wrote that the morning after being told that what he did to me was...yeah. just what the announcement says. it still hasn't quite hit me, tbh.

if you want more information about what he's done (either to me or to others), or the google document/instagram post that contains screenshots of discord messages, please message me. if i can't help, i know some people who can provide me with resources that i can then pass on. if you want information but don't want to bother me, just do it. dont worry about making me uncomfortable or triggering me—just DM me and ask for whatever details you need/want. i know i said in the announcement that 'i won't speak further on this', but that is only public. in private situations (one on one or group chats) i absolutely will if required.

he is a groomer and should be avoided at all costs. do not interact with him.

okay, onto the chapter !

BEN kindly offered to go into the shop to get teabags, letting you show Frankie your arm in private. You weren't too bothered about BEN seeing, but he insisted that you have privacy.

He was only gone for a few minutes, but that was long enough for you to roll up your sleeve and show Frankie the scratch marks that littered your arm. You didn't look. You couldn't. The brief glimpse you saw was enough.

The scratches were ugly and angry and sore. You had to hold back a hiss of pain as they were hit by a sudden blast of air after being brushed by the fabric of your sleeve. You weren't sure if they had bled or not, but based on Frankie's reaction, they might have. They would have to be cleaned regardless; there was no doubt about that.

There might've been a conversation that you were excluded from, because BEN returned to the car with plasters and a dark blue tube of an antiseptic cream that brought back strong memories from your childhood. He tried his best to angle the plasters and avoid catching the other scratches with the adhesive edges, eventually settling on covering the largest and worst of the scratches, leaving the other smaller and lighter scratches uncovered. To avoid rubbing the antiseptic off, you kept your sleeve rolled up to your shoulder. If anyone in town saw them, you could easily lie and attribute them to something else.

Once your house appeared in the distance, you were ready to collapse on your bed and pass out for many, many hours. Maybe...a fifty hour nap? That sounds nice. Although you had slept after being chased through the mirror maze, it hadn't been fulfilling. You had still been tired upon waking up, so you really deserved a nice, refreshing nap. A long one, at that.

'Hey, who's that?' There was a man standing at your front door, staring at the car as it pulled into the driveway. From what you could see, he was average height and heavyset, with slightly curled hair that had previously been dyed a dark red (that had washed out somewhat over time). A cane sat under his left palm, and his other hand moved to wave in a kind of shy way when his eyes met yours.