Epilogue

"Are all of these for me, Cali?" Manong Guard looked pleasantly surprised by the box of chocolates I brought for him.

"Yes, Manong. They're all yours," I replied, handing him a few more pasalubong items like soap, lotion, and shampoo.

"Cali, with all these, I could open up a sari-sari store! Thank you. You didn't forget about me at all," he said, a genuine smile lighting up his face as he expressed his gratitude.

"Of course, Manong! I couldn't forget about you. You were one of the few people who brightened my days while I was still here," I assured him.

"You're still as humble as ever, Cali. You haven't changed a bit," he said, sounding genuinely proud of me.

I reached into my bag and pulled out an invitation card, handing it to him. "By the way, Manong, you're invited," I told him with a smile.

"Getting married? Congratulations in advance! Who's the lucky guy?" he asked eagerly.

Just as Mino stepped out of the car and approached us. The girls nearby erupted into screams of excitement.

"Mino!" they screamed. Mino just flashed them his signature smile, basking in the attention like a true celebrity.

"Hey, Manong. Cali mentioned you two were close," Mino said, reaching out to shake Manong's hand, which Manong gladly accepted.

"Yeah, we go way back. By the way, you're quite the looker, aren't you? I recognize you from TV!" Manong exclaimed, making Mino feels like a celebrity once again.

"Thank you, Manong. That's me," Mino responded modestly.

"You've found yourself a gem here, Cali." Manong teased with a grin.

"No, Manong, I'm the lucky one to have her," Mino replied, giving Manong a playful wink. That made me blush a bit.

"Indeed," Manong agreed, nodding. "Cali is truly a keeper."

We chatted a bit more before saying goodbye to Manong. Right before we left, Mino reminded him about our wedding. "Don't forget to come to our wedding, Manong! We'll be excited to see you there," Mino said with a smile.

"Absolutely, I'll be there." Manong replied as he waved goodbye.

As Mino and I rode in his car, he noticed that there were no more invitations left to give out. "I suppose that was the last one?" he asked.

"Yes, that's the final one," I confirmed.

Mino and I had been busy in the past weeks preparing for our wedding. Instead of hiring a wedding planner, we decided to handle everything ourselves as we wanted to be involved in every detail. It was tiring, yet a great experience for us.

"How about your parents? Did you send them proper invitations?" Mino asked.

"I did, but I don't expect them to come," I replied shortly.

Mino didn't ask any more questions about my parents because he knows I don't like talking about them. "Okay, should we go home now?" he asked, and I quickly nodded.

Even though I don't talk to my parents much, Mino still asked them if he could marry me. They said yes, acknowledging that we're both adults. But I don't think they'll come to the wedding, especially because my mom doesn't want to see my dad anymore. They really don't get along. But that's okay with me. I'd rather not have them there, dealing with their issues. On my special day, I only want people who genuinely care about me and my feelings to be present.

After Mino and I got back together, I decided to stay instead of going back to Australia because I knew Mino would miss me if I leave. He also wanted us to settle down and and start a family together. That's when we made the decision to get married.

We didn't have approval from Mino's family about our relationship at first. They were concerned it might bring scandal to their family name. But when Mino explained how he had sacrificed for them before by marrying to help save their family company, they understood and gave us their approval.

"We're home," Mino said as we arrived. "Wait here, I'll open the door for you," he said, so I stayed in the car. He's always such a gentleman.

"Thanks," I said as he opened the car door for me.

"Anything for you," Mino said, his words making me blush as he took my hand and led me inside.

Right now, Mino and I live together in the same house. At first, I considered renting an apartment near Jana's neighborhood, but Mino insisted I stay with him since we're getting married. I agreed. After all, time is passing, and I want to cherish every moment with him as much as possible.

Jana and Nick are still going strong, a truly happy couple. I admire Nick's unconditional love for my best friend, especially considering she was a single mom when they met. He even took care of Bambi as his own child. There are only a few guys out there who would do that, and I'm glad my best friend met one.

After Dessa divorced Mino, she stayed single and eventually joined Izzy in Dubai. Izzy, still hung up on the guy from the Dubai bar, realized it was just a one-sided infatuation. There, we even teased Dessa and Izzy about marrying each other, but they almost puked at the thought. They said that they just wanted to become "rich aunties with no kids."

It's amusing how intertwined our story has become. From my best friend Jana marrying my first love Nick, to my online friend Izzy becoming the father of my best friend's child, and my friend Dessa getting divorced from my husband—it's as if we're all connected in unexpected ways, yet we still manage to maintain our relationships with each other.

The day passed quickly, and before we knew it, it was our special day.

I could hear the sound of the sea breeze and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin as I stood on the sandy beach. Mino and I decided to have our wedding here as we both love the calming view of the sea.

I wore a beautiful white gown that Mino had arranged for me from his designer friend. It was made just for this special day.

As I walked down the aisle, I saw Mino waiting for me at the end, looking handsome in his black tuxedo. Tears filled his eyes, and I couldn't help but feel emotional too.

Manong Guard stepped in to give my hand to Mino on our wedding day, representing my father in his absence. "Take good care of her," he said as Mino held my hand.

Mino nodded and replied, "Yes, I absolutely will."

The ceremony proceeded swiftly, and before we knew it, we were bound together with love. And as we kissed, applause filled the air. Everyone we hoped would be there was present—our friends, family, co-workers, and even some old colleagues.

Looking back, I realize now that maybe 12 years ago, it was meant for me to see Mino on that day when I mistook him for Dom. If that hadn't happened, I wouldn't be with whom I truly belong.

- END -