𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

𝐒𝐎 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝. Narcissa thought. By the third night they had already gotten to New York.

She was finally off that train. She felt like she was suffocating when she was on there. The anxiety of being the cause of someone's death made her almost lose it.

Now they just had to find a way to camp. It had to be simple. Its just a short drive or a bus ride. Nothing that big of a deal. Easy peasy she thought.

 Easy peasy she thought

"I found a bus ride. Let's go" cedar said. For only knowing each other for 3 days they had gotten very close. A sibling relationship you could say.

Narcissa developed a platonic love for him. He loved her too, platonically of course. For the first time in the girls life, someone besides her mother and grandmother cared for her. Cedar was there. He cared for her and barely even knew her.

The girl lost in her thought realized cedar was already far ahead and started to jog to catch up.

"Alright let's get to camp." she hopped on the bus and they were on their way.

By the time they got to the last bus stop it was almost 4.

"Now we just have to walk through these hills and were there. Simple as pie" he pulled out his map looking for directions towards the hills. "Almost there." the girl sighed out of relief.

"No more monsters right." she asked. "No more monsters." cedar promised.

She trusted him.

The sun started to set and the stars started to appear. The pair finally reached the bottom of the final hill.

That's when she heard it. A low heavy breathing. "Cedar is that you" she laughed in a scared tone.

"What's me?" he looked at her like she was crazy. "That breathing. It's not you. And it's not me." she slowly turned around to see something similar to a animal too close to them.

"Run." Cedar started sprinting with Narcissa very close behind.

"Take these. They're bangles, wear them and they'll sense the danger your in and turn into daggers. Be ready." cedar gave her two beautiful silver bangles.

"What" the girls confused put them on feeling them start to vibrate. 

"Just run I'm right behind you. It's just to that tree" Cedar yelled but he was definitely not right behind her.

"No Cedar I can't leave you" the girl started to sob. "Cedar please." she was on her knees begging for him to get up and go to camp with her.

"Cedar!" she yelled again. "I'm right behind you." he said again.

"Go we won't make it together. Go!" he was her protector but yet somehow she felt like she needed to protect him.

At the same time, if he did die, she wouldn't want his last memory to be of her not following his rules.