T W E N T Y

Five years later

I bet you are wondering what the hell happened here huh?

Noah and his band mates went to that interview, and Finn and I went to Mexico. Finn and I were completely unplugged from the world the whole time we were out to sea, enjoying being away from the world have having quality time with my parents.

Finn and I drank, and ate, and dressed up for five straight days. We each had a different costume for every night, because go big or go home. On actual Halloween, we spent the day on the beach, taking shots of tequila and getting tan. I went as aunt Polly, Finn went as Tommy.

We had a great time, but I missed Noah. I would have never dreamed of asking him to reschedule his meeting though, and I couldn't have been more happy for him.

When we got back, however, everything had changed. Noah and the guys had moved to Los Angeles to record their album. Noah had left me a long handwritten note to find when I got home.

Laney,

I'm so sorry to do this to you, but we got an opportunity that I couldn't turn down. I'm not selling the house, but we are going to be in LA indefinitely. I want you to stay, rent free, and take care of things until I return. I can't believe this is happening so fast, and that I won't be here when you get back. I hope you had a good time on your trip, and I do hope your parents know how sorry I am that I missed meeting them. I'm so conflicted here, Delaney, and I hope you aren't too mad at me. I will try to call you once I think you've had time to read this. I understand if you want to sever ties here, but know that's not what I want. I won't ask you to wait around for me, I know your life is there and my life is here now. Thank you, so much for opening my eyes. If this is goodbye, know I won't ever forget you or how you make me feel.

Love,
Noah 

Letting Noah go was the hardest thing I've ever done. I did answer his call when he called and we stayed friendly for a month or two, but his schedule was demanding, and I didn't want to hold him back.

I have kept up with him over the years, his band became huge. They sell out arenas all over the world. They came to Bridgestone once, and I almost went. The band eventually parted ways with one of the members, but the other guys still seemed like they weren't stopping any time soon.

He cut his hair off two years ago, I though I would hate it, but it seems it's impossible for him to look bad.

I thought it was hard not checking social media for updates on Caleb. Trying to ignore what Noah was doing when his face was everywhere was a thousand times worse. He was on the cover of magazines, on every gossip website, and had tons of fan accounts despite him not using social media himself.

I was sad that we never got a chance to be, but I was so insanely proud of him. Every time I saw his name somewhere I was silently cheering him on. Finn still spoke with him, and they still got together when he was in town. Finn was kind enough to tell me when Noah was in town, and I wouldn't leave my flat until he was gone.

I couldn't stay in Noah's house, it didn't feel right. I needed a clean break from Noah, so I stayed the weekend and went downtown for my own flat. I could barely afford it, but I was just on the green side of being house broke.

I wasn't doing bad either, my blog kept growing and evolving, and I still focused heavily on Nashville, but I traveled a lot too. I was actually getting ready to go to Los Angeles, and I couldn't be more excited. I would be traveling alone, but I wasn't scared of being alone anymore.