01

APRIL 10, 2024

i sat up in the bed of my shared la home, my room had a nice minimalistic feel to it, some paintings and artwork were scattered around the room. the sun streamed in from the windows, flooding the room with natural light. i looked over at my phone that was placed on the bedside table, the time on my phone read 9:30am.

i rolled off of the bed and as i stood up i stretched my arms over my head. i then slowly opened the door to my room, and stepped out into the hall, taking in my surroundings. as i made my way to the kitchen downstairs the smell of pancakes filled the air.

upon walking into the kitchen, i saw anaya and raelynn seated at the dining table, having their morning breakfast.

"morning ladies" i greeted them sweetly.

"good morning." raelynn's innocent voice chimed in.

"hey hey, good morning." anaya said giving me a warm smile before stuffing her face with her chocolate chip pancake.

"so who cooked?" i asked as i walked into the kitchen.

"i did." anaya responded, her voice full of pride, which caused raelynn to laugh softly. i put a chocolate chip pancake on my plate before joining the girls at the table.

"well anaya, thank you for breakfast." i said to her.

"my pleasure, i love cooking for everyone." she said with a big smile on her face. she had a natural ability to charm anyone with her kind personality, her smile was infectious.

i began eating and then once i consumed my first bite, i noticed how quiet the house was besides from the ongoing conversation between the three of us. "is it just us this morning?" i asked with raised eyebrows.

"zoë isn't here, she said she had some early class." anaya said before taking another huge bite.

"and shay is here, just sleeping in. she was at some party last night and didn't get home until like four am, so i'm sure she'll wake up around one." raelynn said, her voice sweet and innocent.

"sometimes i wonder how that girl has a business" raelynn added jokingly.

"it's all part of being a boss babe." anaya said before giggling to herself.

"yeah, shay is definitely build different." i nodded my head in agreement before taking another bite of my pancake.

after a while of light conversation and eating, i had finished my plate. i smiled at the two girls before walking out of the dining room with my empty plate. now in the kitchen, i placed my dish in the dishwasher, before grabbing a glass and filling it with water.

anaya walked in and grabbed a cup and poured herself some coffee. "so what are your plans for today?" anaya asked, her voice sweet but full of curiosity.

"well i heard aritzia is having this huge sale so i'm gonna go check it out, and then i have a meeting with solana to talk about some new music, and that's basically it. and by the way, are you free later today? i desperately want to go to the beach later." i said to her before sipping my water.

"yes! i'm free today, i'm going to hit the gym with zoë around 3 and i don't have any plans after that, plus it's gonna be hot as hell so the beach sounds perfect." anaya said with a smile.

"raelynn, you wanna come with us to the beach around 5?" i asked raelynn as she appeared in the kitchen with her empty plate.

raelynn placed her dish in the dishwasher and spoke in a gentle tone, "that sounds so fun, but i can't. i have a date at 5 something."