07

my heartbeat quickly began racing, there's a photo of dominic and i at coachella, circulating online?? i couldn't help but feel nervous.

"what's the photo of? i mean are we like doing anything...?" i asked hesitantly because truthfully, i didn't want to know the answer.

they all seemed so hesitant with their answer, which just made my heart rate and overall nervous emotions increase.

after a long pause, zoë spoke carefully, she always had a way with words. "not like that, i think you guys are just really, really, close. i mean, it almost looks like you two are dating."

shay who was probably fighting off a crazy headache muttered, "just show her the damn photo."

"okay," raelynn said as she took out her phone and showed me. immediately, my expression turned into a mixture of curiosity and shock, once i saw the photo i realized that in the eyes of anyone who saw this photo, it'd be quite obvious to point out that something was going on between dom and i.

~~

INSTAGRAM
user1

liked by 800,521 othersuser1 dominic fike and mystery girl spotted at coachella

user1 dominic fike and mystery girl spotted at coachella. any idea who she is??

view all 16,422 comments

user2 thought he was with hunter??

user3 i don't know who she is but i hate her already

user4 does she realize how lucky she is.

~~

i handed raelynn her phone back, and flopped down on the couch next to zoë, who rubbed my back. none of us could help but stay silent for a couple of minutes. i was trying my best not to seem embarrassed or anxious that a photo of me and dominic together was circulating online.

finally, shay broke the silence by mumbling, "well i guess it's safe to say that people know about you two."

"do i text him about it?" i asked the girls.

raelynn quickly shook her head. "i promise you he'll text you, just give him a minute." she said as she started to put her shoes on, as if she was going out.

"going somewhere?" anaya asked raelynn.

"oh yeah, i'm going on a date with daniel, we're gonna go to this restaurant that overlooks the beach." she said softly.

"have fun..." i said, earning a warm smile from raelynn.

"thanks, i'll see you guys tonight. and if you brought me food, could you put it in the fridge? i'll eat it tomorrow." raelynn said with a subtle smile.

i nodded, "yeah of course! enjoy yourself rae."

once raelynn had completely gathered all of her belongings and made it to the front door she yelled something. "don't worry lane, he'll text you, i promiseee!" before i could respond, i heard the front door slam, indicating that she had left.