12

APRIL 19, 2024
10AM

i sat down on my desk and opened up my macbook, pulling up my music software. i had so much creative energy, i wanted to use it all up by writing whatever came to mind.

listening to the beats, i started scribbling lyrics into my notebook for my newest solo drop. i was extremely happy with all of the love i was getting on my feature in solana's song, one thing everyone was saying, was for me to make a solo song, which is what i already had planned.

after two hours, my first two songs had been completely figured out. 'come here' and 'nurture'. i smiled at myself, feeling both proud and happy that i had achieved this.

i figured that since i'd be home all day, until dinner with dominic, i should get all of the eight songs written, for my album, 'no rain, no flowers,' which is exactly what i did in the span of four hours.

~~

'come here'
'nurture'
'cycle'
'creation'
'numb'
'did we lose our minds?'
'control'
'messages from her'

~~

i was finally done. i sighed and took a sip of water to settle my hunger as i looked over my written lyrics one last time. i smiled at them, feeling proud of what i had accomplished in just one day.

i got up from my desk chair, feeling weird as my feet were asleep, though i managed to make it downstairs to the kitchen where i found shay. "there's my famous friend!" she yelled out. i hadn't seen her in two days.

"i could get used to you treating me like a celebrity, keep it up." i joked as i scanned the fridge to find absolutely nothing. "where have you been?" i asked shay.

"you know, out, there." she said nonchalantly as she poured fruit loops and milk into a bowl.

i raised an eyebrow at her. "out?" i questioned. "out where?" i added.

"oh uh a party here, a friend's there, you know...the usual." she said with a shrug as she sat down on the counter barstool and began eating her cereal.

i laughed softly. "and where's my invite to these parties?" i asked sarcastically.

"you have your parties...and your dominic." she said with raised eyebrows.

i shook my head and laughed as i pulled out my phone and ordered from uber eats. "you want anything from five guys?" i asked her.

"i'm okay...i have my cereal." she replied with a wink. "thanks though."

i nodded and proceeded to order my burger. "i don't know what to do, back when i made music on soundcloud it was like a dumb little set up, but now i feel like i have to have something real...ya know?" i said to shay.

"well" she began "you could make a home studio, where you can really bring your creativity to life...or you could get signed to a record label." she muttered her last idea.

i let that option sit in the air. would i really want to get signed to a record label? "maybe getting signed isn't such a bad idea." i confessed to shay as i put my phone down, since i had ordered my food. "do i reach out to them? or do they reach out to me? how's that work?"

"sometimes they'll hit you up, sometimes you'll have to send out demos...it all kind of depends." she explained. "but, ask your rockstar boyfriend...he might know better than me." she replied jokingly.

"i'm actually seeing him tonight so i could ask..." i said with a shrug.

"and where do you two love birds plan to go?" she asked curiously before taking a spoonful of her cereal.