16

as i walked in, i saw a middle aged woman with brunnette hair and blonde highlights, i didn't want to approach her since i didn't know if she was snoh so instead i walked to the hostess.

after explaining the reservation situation, the hostess led me back to a table in the back of the restaurant where the woman sat. she had her elbows on the table with her head resting on her interloped fingers. i approached the table and cleared my throat which caught the woman's attention. she stood up and extended her hand out to shake mine, her smile warm and welcoming.

"you must be elaine!" she said warmly.

"and you must be miss. hanmer." i said with a smile as i shook her hand, confidently although i was feeling everything but confident.

"that's me! and please, call me snoh" she said with a laugh as she motioned for me to sit.

i nodded as i sat across from her in the booth. "snoh it is...beautiful name by the way."

"thank you, thank you darling. you have no idea how refreshing it is to interact with a young artist such as yourself. no entitlement or snobbiness, just a genuine soul" she said with a chuckle. i blushed slightly at her compliment. "and thank you for meeting with me under such little notice."

snoh had a warm aura about her, and i couldn't help but feel at ease in her presence. "no problem, i'm flattered you wanted to meet with me" i replied with a soft smile. i sat with bated breath as i waited for her to further explain her desire to meet me.

snoh leaned back in the booth and clasped her hands together, her eyes fixed on me as she spoke. "listen, elaine... i'm here to offer you something that is going to rock your world." she said seriously. my heart skipped a beat in my chest at her words as i waited for her to continue speaking. "i do know that you want an album dropped by may, correct?" she continued.

i cleared my throat and nodded. "correct."

"very well." she took a sip from the water filled glass in front of her before speaking again. "i've done extensive research on you, when i prepared for this meeting...it seems like your single 'numb' is doing very well. you were not signed with geffen records when you dropped that single were you?"

"no ma'am" i answered with a smile.

she sighed and nodded. "this album you want to drop...do you have the album title? the song titles? or the song lyrics...i read that you're a songwriter."

"right so, i have an album name already, 'no flowers, no rain...and the song titles i have ready and i also have the lyrics done. all i need to do is record." i replied.

snoh grinned and nodded as you spoke, seemingly impressed. "that's great. i see you're dedicated, i love that about you. you're a hustler." she said with a laugh. "which is perfect. i plan to become your manager, and i have a plan to help you grow from this album, but i want to make sure you'll be ready for it. are you in?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

i nodded profusely "i'm in..."

snoh grinned and reached across the table and gave my hand a firm squeeze. "this is going to be the start of your stardom, darling, i'm so excited to get this going." she said, her enthusiasm radiating off her. she looked so excited which made me feel more excitement myself.

"i'm excited!" i agreed while putting my hand to my chest. "so how do we start this all?" i asked.

"well first we need to sort a few things out, which you are legally going to have to sign for this to go through" she said as she handed me a manila folder. "this folder contains a contract, the contract in which will establish me as your manager." i smiled and nodded before opening the folder in front of me. the folder was filled with a few other papers and documents, but i skimmed over them and focused on the contract in front of me.