02

APRIL 11, 2024

i sat in the living room with zoë, as she was working on some kind of assignment and i was just lurking around.

"who's headlining?" i asked her from the couch, causing her to jump.

"jesus elaine, i didn't know you were in here!" zoë yelled a bit frightened.

i laughed softly and restated my previous question, "wait so who's headlining?"

"what do you mean?" she asked, confused because i sprung the question without any context.

"coachella. who are the headliners?"

"ohhh, i actually don't know. when you find out, let me know." she said before looking back at her notes.

i leaned my back on the couch and checked coachella's instagram.

INSTAGRAM
coachella

liked by_shayelrod and 1,322,292 otherscoachella see you all there

coachella see you all there...

view all 35,726 comments

~~

i swiped out of instagram, smiling to myself because of the performers.

"did you see the headliners?" zoë asked softly, keeping her eyes on the notes ahead.

"mhm" i hummed. "lana del rey, tyler the creator and frank ocean are headliners, and there are some amazing performers too."

zoë beamed a big smile, "that'll be an amazing weekend!" i nodded my head in agreement. she then added to her previous statement, "are you packed yet?"

i scoffed. "god no, i haven't even thought about what i'm gonna wear...but i did just go on a little shopping spree to aritzia, so maybe i'll just use some of those clothes." i paused. "well actually maybe not, i only got basics from there."

"oh man, you have to figure that out soon, this is coachella we're talking about!" zoë said excitedly. "do you wanna go shopping and get some things?"

i nodded, "yeah let's do it."

zoë and i quickly went to get ready for our shopping trip, we got changed and then started walking to the car. as we got into my car, i plugged my phone into the aux and played some of my favorite songs.

soon we got to the mall which was surprisingly very busy, given it was a thursday. after parking, we headed from store to store, picking out the perfect coachella outfits for me.

after what felt like hours, zoë and i had picked out a lot of outfits for each day. i knew i was going to look great. i also knew that i was spending a little too much money on these clothes, but it was okay, this was coachella after all.

once we were done shopping, we went back to the house. we had just spent the whole day shopping and were tired. i went in my bedroom to do my last minute packing, while zoë sat in the living room, focusing on her assignment. raelynn wasn't home, as she was on a second date with daniel. shay was in her room, finalizing the airbnb arrangements and a couple other important things, while anaya was in her room perfecting her outfits.