04

APRIL 13, 2024
7:50

the girls and i stood in the crowd watching blur wrap up their set. anaya and i knew every song they sang and together we sang along.

i felt a light feeling of bitterness wash over me. i hated that the crowd was so dead, and i couldn't help but feel frustrated. it's like they didn't get the talent that was in front of their eyes. i looked over at my friends, they looked excited to be here. it seemed like we were the only ones who were.

as soon as the set ended, the girls and i left the crowd and headed to a different stage to see the next performer. as we continued to walk around, i kept my eye out for dominic...hoping that i would come across him again.

"do you guys think that people who performed yesterday, stay around for the weekend and watch other performances?" i asked the group.

"oh totally dude, i heard that some performers even enjoy watching other artists perform too. it's like an unspoken thing, where they kind of build each other up." anaya responded.

"oh yeah?" i asked before feeling my phone vibrate. i pulled it out of my pocket and opened the notification.

~~

INSTAGRAM
DIRECT MESSAGES

INSTAGRAMDIRECT MESSAGES

dominicfike
3.2M followers • 33 posts
you follow each other on instagram
you both follow sza and 5 others

dominicfike
the crowd for blur was dead as hell, but
again, you were like the only person in
the crowd actually engaged with the performer.

elainehooks
what can i say, i'm a big fan of blur.

dominicfike
what other performances are you
gonna watch today?

elainehooks
grimes and then tyler 😤

dominicfike
hell yeah, i think i'm gonna be
checking out tyler too. we should
meet up there, and then we could talk
after. i want to know more about
you, it seemed like we were getting
somewhere yesterday.

elainehooks
for sure, we can meet up. i'd
like to learn more about you too,
let's meet up for tyler's set.

dominicfike
okay, i'll find you in
the crowd later on.

*elainehooks reacted '❤️' to a message*

~~

i put my phone back in my pocket, smiling to myself both excited and nervous to see dominic tonight. the girls and i continued to walk to the stage that grimes would be performing on, and anaya immediately noticed the bright smile on my face as well as my flustered cheeks.