09

APRIL 16, 2024

the sun shined bright into my room and i began to slowly open my eyes and rub them. i looked over on the other side of the bed and saw dominic, who was sound asleep, his arm still wrapped around me. he looked so adorable.

i sat up in bed, i didn't want to get out of his grip, but i knew i had to get up sometime. after i shifted around, i heard a small sigh, and looked over to see dominic waking up. he looked at me with heavy eyes, "good morning, beautiful." he said with a sleepy smile, his tone was playful.

"morning, handsome." i replied with the same playful tone as his.

dominic sat up in bed with me. "what time is it?" he asked in his low and raspy morning voice.

i looked at my phone on the nightstand and tapped the phone to check the time. "uhhh 9:58." i answered.

"it's so early." dominic groaned as he placed his head on my shoulder before placing a gentle kiss on my shoulder.

"i know, but you have to go to that meeting this morning, don't you?" i asked him.

he let out a heavy sigh before getting out of bed completely. "yeah...i forgot about that."

"what time is the meeting?" i asked

"it starts at eleven." he said, still with a heavy and tired tone. he stretched his arms out and took in a deep breath.

"is it close by here or near your place?" i asked, as i remembered that dominic lives in the hills while i live in venice, a fourty minute drive...that is with no traffic.

"it's in beverly." he replied. "it's not super far from here, but with la traffic...god knows how long it's going to take." he continued.

"well then i guess you'll have to leave like...now?"

dominic looked at the time on his phone and then nodded. "yeah, i need to get it moving." he said.

"could i make you breakfast or something? i don't like you leaving on an empty stomach..." i said, my voice laced with pure concern.

"mmm that would be good..." he said as he thought about it for a few seconds. "yeah, i'll eat before the meeting."

"okay go wash up and do whatever you need and i'll go downstairs and cook...okay?" i said as i got up from the bed and walked to my bedroom door.

"okay, sounds good. thank you." he said with a soft smile as he watched me leave the room.

as i entered the hallway i noticed raelynn's door had a sign on it. 'don't come in' was written in red marker, i let out a sigh as i walked down the stairs.

i began to search the kitchen for any kind of breakfast meal i could cook, and to my surprise there was absolutely nothing. no eggs, no bagels, and no bacon. i groaned in frustration as i grabbed bread.

i pulled out enough bread slices for dominic and i before placing them on a pan that had olive oil on it, where i toasted the bread. after it was to my liking i placed it on a board cutter where i added the toppings, goat cheese, avocado slices, lemon juice, salt, pepper, hot honey, and chili flakes.

once i completed the meal i placed the avocado toast on two plates before i heard the sound of dominic's footsteps coming down the stairs, he looked ready to go. "here's your food...i was just about to brew some coffee." i said.