Chapter -14

*not edit.

She was there. With her Big brown eyes now looking at my hand . A look of horror and I realised what I was doing. I put down the gun immediately and relaxed .

" What are you doing here?" I asked. Suddenly pissed. But about what ? Shit! I have to control my emotions.

" I ,.. I was just , I couldn't sleep so I was just going towards the kitchen when I saw the lights .." she was nervous as she started to play with her fingers while talking.

I find it amusing when she does something that indicates I have an effect on her . She's scared ... that's what I wanted right? But somehow this feeling doesn't suit well with me . It even tastes better in my mouth.

" Nobody has told you to not come in this part of the mantion ?" I asked taking steps towards her . She backed up in response.

" Well .. yeah but . " she started.

" But as always you were curious. Aren't you sweetheart ? " I said now towering over her small figure . Her sweet smell surrounding me . It strangely made me feel calm . Only this little flower can have this effect on me . She is like that sweet addition that I wanna indulge myself into . Drown in those pools of honey browns , those were now looking at me.

Her oversized PJ's drowning her small frame. Her chubby cheeks are now red as my eyes wonder about her cute appearance . I just want to hug her so bad . The urge to just hold her in my arms tightly . Damn . It's making me go crazy.

" I'm sorry. " surprised by her sudden apology I stopped myself. Reminded myself that she is basically an innocent fawn . Now unfortunately caught in between the packs of predators around her .

I took a deep breath and turned around.
Away from her , giving her enough space.

" You should go Aria . It's not good for you to roam around at this unholy hours." I said , my back was now facing her.

" Yeah. I . I should go now . " I heard her mumbled and then her soft feet . She went back . Is it my imagination or I really heard sadness in her voice?

Well .... It's good , the more she stays away from me the better.

I checked my watch to see it's past two now and probably I won't be able to sleep anytime soon. I finished my drink and went ahead to my gym . Maybe it'll help but my train of thoughts got cut off when I heard my phone ringing.

I took the call knowing very well what it could be . I got the news that TE finally got the location of the scientist that has been captured by Antonio and his gang.

" Boss , what are the orders?" my man asked.

" Get the boys ready. We are heading there. I'm coming. " we couldn't wait much as it's now getting out of control. It has now become the matter of ego for both of us . I can't lose this battle. Not now when her life is at stake.

I got dressed , got my weapons ready and an extra one just in case some emergency happened . I checked the cc tv making sure nothing is suspicious around my property. Nobody knows about this place and I made sure that it stays out of the radar . Then I took my bike and headed to my destination.

Author's pov;-

Aria was going towards the kitchen for some midnight snacks but then got distracted by the light coming from the upper floors . Maria said Dmitriy doesn't allow anyone around that wing . The curiosity got the best of her and she finds herself walking towards that direction.

She reaches there , feet hushed to not get caught. She walked ahead towards the room where the light was coming . Hiding behind a pillar when she saw him . She starts observing him through those open glass doors.