𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

NARRATOR

You could tell the moment Paige and Kaia met they had a connection. Whether that was kindled by love or likeness it was a bond like no other. Souls tied in a way it was unbreakable. Into knots that followed each other wherever they went until they'd eventually find their way back. A force that always pushed them back together in more ways than one.

And as Paige sat on Nika's bed, her hands to her forehead in deep thought all she could think about was the girl, two levels down who was thinking of her.

"Paige, the moment I saw you guys together I knew—everybody knew. That there was this connection you guys have that you can't find between any two people. The way you look at her, and the way she looks at you is something far more than just friendship." Nika's voice was gentle. She didn't want to push the two into something they weren't ready for. Especially when they hadn't even come to the conclusion of their own feelings that were so blatantly clear to everyone besides them.

"But she doesn't want anything more than just friends." Paige grumbles against her hands, pulling them down her face in frustration.

"Have you ever thought she just says that because she thinks you just wanna be friends? Why don't you just start off as friends and if something happens, something happens. Then you'll know." Nika patted her friend on the shoulder comfortingly. Annoyance painted all over Paige's expression as she suppressed her screams into a pillow, though they were very much heard.

Kaia who sat on the floor of Sierra and Devyn's dorm. Was doing the same amount of yelling but hers were muffled by her palms as she screamed into the skin with pure frustration.

"Why can't she just want me?" Kaia had been non stop thinking about Paige all night. Especially when she found out that Paige (her three year crush) likes someone. And that someone wasn't her—so she thought.

"You're so stupid. SHE DOES WANT YOU IDIOT." Sierra lightly slapped Kaia's forehead, only earning a distasteful frown from her friend.

"You don't know that." With no surprise Emma walks in through the door without warning. Her phone charger in her hands as she plugs it into the wall beside Kaia's head, which was currently nestled into the carpet floor.

"I guarantee you that even coach could pick up on the tension." Emma rolled her eyes dramatically at her best friend who has been so painfully blind.

"Everyone knows that you two like each other. Everyone but you two dumbasses." Devyn links eyes with Kaia through the mirror, continuing to straighten her dark hair.

"Should I just text her?"

"YES." All three girls replied in unison, urging a very oblivious Kaia to finally text Paige.

Just as Nika had been urging Paige to text Kaia. Though during the time it took Paige to find her phone, a notification from Kaia and already popped up.

Kai 💗

Kai
wyd today?

Kaia quickly passed her phone to Emma. Far too embarrassed to face the rejection she was definitely not prepared for. Unsurprisingly to everyone but Kaia, Paige had responded within seconds.

Paige 🪣

Paige 🪣
nothin much wbu?

Kai 💗
samee
wanna do smth wit me ?

Paige 🪣
yeah ofc whatchu wanna do?