𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙊𝙉𝙀

NARRATOR

After weeks of constant practice and conducting plays for their upcoming games. Both teams were given a break from the constant bustle of their athletic careers.

A day they all agreed to spend having fun, something they won't experience for a long time after today.

The ambiance of the arcade brought a sense of nostalgia to the girls who stood indulging in their excitement. Relieved smiles and an abyss of laughter as they spread out across the arcade, clutching their tickets tight in their hands as they approached childish games reviving the inner kid that had been seemingly lost throughout the stress and anxieties college had bestowed upon them.

Azzi, Paige and Ines sat inside the race car games. Laughter erupting amongst the three girls as they enjoyed the moment. Bickering and fighting about stupid things, especially when Ines approached the win with a boastful smile.

"Y'all suck ass." The freshman replies with a triumphant laugh. Flashing the screen in front of her as it glowed with the big number 1 in bold letters.

"We let you win." Paige scoffed, nudging the smaller girl playfully. To which she retorted with a chuckle.

"Sure, you let me win three times?" Ines remarked, walking between the seniors as they chased her throughout the very busy and crowded arcade.

Sierra, Leah, Kaia and Devyn going head to head in a game of air hockey. A mindless game now becoming deathly competitive between the four girls who took winning a bit too seriously for an arcade game. Complaints being thrown from either side of the table, progressively getting more aggravated as the time started to close in.

Kaia and Devyn taking home a win as they cheered. Jumping up and down like a bunch of schoolgirls at prom as they laughed at the very annoyed and irritated, Sierra and Leah.

"Don't be mad because we demolished you." Devyn hugged Leah who only lightly pushed the girl away. Flashing a palm dismissing the two jokingly, Leah and Sierra walked away in fast strides.

"Guys, let's play some laser tag." Kk called from the large area which the game was being held. Neon lights covering the sign as both teams met in the centre, quickly placing their 'gear' on.

"Don't come to me crying once you lose Bueckers." Kaia comfortingly tapped Paiges arm.

Paige couldn't resist the smile that revealed itself onto her glossed lips. Unable to conceal the mass amount of happiness that fulfilled her insides with an intolerable twist of butterflies being in the presence of the girl she adored so much.

"Trust, i'm not the one who's gonna be crying by the end of this." Paige winks at the girl who stood struck by her actions.

Both teams running into the dimmed maze, spreading out as the room was quick to be filled with screams and shouts.

Darkened halls, narrowed to small spaces as Paige ran through the maze. Dimly lit by small flashes of green lights that seeped between small gaps of the wooden walls. Her plastic gun held by her side as she slowly moved throughout the space.

Unbeknownst to her, Kaia had been following the blond closely behind. Restraining her laughs at the very oblivious Paige who stood anxiously, backed up into a corner.

With a swift movement of her hand, Kaia pressed Paige against the wall. Arms steadying the frightened girl. An airy laugh slips between her teeth, hands holding gently onto the back of her neck wasting no time to lean in—rejoining their lips.