𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

NARRATOR

Pages and pages could be wrote about the relationship of Kaia and Paige. Though no words will ever be able to contain what complexity they held. An all ending cycle that could not be explained by diagrams or posters. No presentation would fully capture just how deep their relationship dug.

Foundations down to the soil they built what they were from bottom up. With dirtied fingers and sweaty palms they built up an empire that could only break beneath the touch of one another.

It was once in a lifetime where you could ever find two people who fit so perfectly with each other yet be so different. Every aspect of them was lead to a differential factor. Yet somehow that's what made them work so well. It was an unspoken agreement. A silent contract that they had signed within the quietness of their interactions. Slimmed down to pointed stares and directed smiles that could only ever be noticed under a microscope.

Kaia was so endeared by Paige. An infinite admiration for everything and anything she did. How her laugh was a melodic symphony that replayed in her mind in circles like a carousel. How she clung to every word letting it sink much deeper than the surface of skin she personalised compared to everyone else. Paige bubbled every emotion in her without knowing how deeply woven her effect was on the girl. An addiction that could not be eased by no amount of medication. A lifeline of salvation that saved her from a endless fall towards a darkness that could only be lit by Paige. A light that ignited something much deeper than the small mingling touch of their meeting fingers that fleeted from the feeling the second they intertwined. A numbed thickness that ravelled itself into their blood vessels.

Paige was completely captivated by every little thing Kaia did. How her heart with internally implode just from receiving something as simple as a smile. How her blood seemingly ran through her veins with a new found speed as it summoned sparks to electrify her skin into a groundbreaking ignition. She adored everything about her, how a human could be so perfect was something so far beyond her beliefs she was devoted. Devoted to giving her every last pint of her, every shattered piece only Kaia could mend. Paige continually thought about how she could treat such a person as her so badly. Regretfully and deeply she wanted to prove every day just how sorry she was. Paige could never find it within herself to ever hate Kaia. She held such a magnifying force that compelled her to fawn further. To dive face first in the unknown depths of her layers that were slowly revealing themselves with utter care.

Paige wasn't going to be stupid again and let her go. She wasn't going to be stupid again and hurt her.

So as Paige sat at her desk, gathering all of Kaia's favourite things and placing them into a bag her heart felt full. Excitement coursing through her stimulated body.

Readying herself to give Kaia her celebration gift after her game. Regardless if they win or lose.

Kaia who sat on the sidelines, mentally preparing herself as she sat with legs crossed. Body jittering up and down at the minutes that neared before she had to enter the field.

"You'll be fine. You always play good." Emma comfortingly grasped her best friend into her arms. Letting Kaia hold tightly onto her shoulders in silent prayers she doesn't fail.

"You always play perfect Kaia. You are perfect." Emma gently her hands along Kaia's back. Hushed whispers in praised compliments to uplift Kaia's decreasing attitude. Knowing how hard Kaia worked for every single practice, every game. And even when her skill to work the ball was never questioned she was her own critic.

Emma being her constant supporter, whether that be from the side of on the soccer pitch.

"I just don't want to fail Em. I don't want people to think of me as a failure." Kaia's breathes quickening in pace as she felt her chest swell against her ribcage.