chapter fifty - three.

-Estella romano

{Nothing's new, nothing's new
Nothing's new, nothing's new
Nothing's new, nothing's new}
Song by Rio romeo

My fingers twirl circles on my abdomen. The only contact making me know that im actually conscious. I swallow the dryness in my mouth from the lack of liquid in my system. I turn my head at the clock next to me.

8:00

School is starting right now , from the amount of missed calls , i know everyones been calling me. I've been tossing and turning whole night. Not getting a wink of sleep.

Could a bad guy really help with those things?

The voice echos in my head as i inhale a breath of morning air. The birds chirp outside as the sun shines partly through my nearly closed blinds. I turn on my side as i snuggle into my pillow. A million thoughts racing through my head.

Zaid being a good guy.
Manny.
The things he told me.
Him killing someone.
The guy who tried to get me to come with him.

I have to make sense with it all right? Like i have to. So i can go on with my life. If i don't speak what im hearing then i might actually go crazy.

I look at the time again.

8:20

Jesus , have i been stuck in my own head for twenty mintues just now? By now the calls have stopped and i think they've made fact that im not coming to school. The only thing i can think about is zaid.

Zaid
Zaid
Zaid
Fucking zaid!

"Get out of my head!" I groan as i push my face into the pillow. The coldness immediately making me hiss back but i welcome the feeling.

The first knock came when my alarm wouldn't stop whining while i was in my own world. The first knock was my brother. The second knock , ash. The third , dad. Not once did i make a peep or sound. They knew it was better for me to be left alone when i was in this state.

A notification breaks me out of my haze . I ignore it. Then another.I dig for my cell as i keep my face planted into the pillow. I finally grab it as i hold it infront of me. The blinding light of the cell making me groan like a vampire seeing sun for the first time.

I squint my eyes as i scroll away the missed calls and texts. The texts that just came through makes me frown.

Unknown : hey , you're not in school today? I was waiting for you infront.

Who the hell?

Unknown : its river btw ;). The guy with the hippie name. I got your number from your friend with the red hair.

That makes me snort as i put my phone away after saving his number and telling him im okay. Just then another notification pops up and i groan outloud as i grab it again.

Zaid : you're not in school today.

I bite my lip as my thumbs hover across the screen. Wondering if i should reply or just die into the bed and never leave. I sigh as i finally type back.