Chapter 46

The cop stared at his partner with wide eyes before he looked at Corbin again, his cheeks turning slightly red. "I'm sorry, Sir," he said while he bowed his head a little in submission. "I didn't mean to act like that."

Corbin scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Bull fucking shit," he said while he bared his teeth and growled slightly. "You did, too." He closed his wallet and stuffed the wallet back into his pocket. "You meant it all because she is a Rogue, and you assumed that I was one, too. Didn't you?" He raised an eyebrow in question.

The cop hesitated before he slowly nodded. "Yes, Sir," he said before he cleared his throat and shifted on his feet. "I, well, we did. I apologize, Sir. I know I shouldn't have acted like that. Please, forgive me, Sir."

"No," Corbin said and folded his arms across his chest. He scowled and narrowed his eyes. "I do not forgive you. Now, why did you pull us over? Also, hand Miss Rice her paperwork back. She doesn't need to show it to you because I am here to be with her on the ord-"

"Oh, my Goddess, just shut up already, Corbin," I said, interrupting him, and he turned to look at me with cold dark eyes. I rolled my eyes and scowled before I turned to look at him. "He doesn't know that on the orders of the king, if you are with me, then I don't need to show my paperwork to anyone. And are you sure that isn't just for the mangey guards at the gate?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

Corbin scowled and narrowed his eyes. His eyes turned darker, and I had a feeling that he didn't like me interrupting him. However, he didn't say a word, knowing full well that I'd lash out at him for it.

I rolled my eyes at him before I looked at the cop, growing serious. "Now, why'd you pull me over, Officer?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question. "And can I have my paperwork back, or do you need to look over it?"

The cops looked at each other before the one that took my paperwork handed it back to me. They didn't say a word, and I had a feeling that they were talking with each other through their mind link.

Corbin nudged my arm, and I looked at him. He raised an eyebrow in question while he scowled, and I held back an eye roll and turned my attention away from him, not answering his silent question.

Corbin scoffed and rolled his eyes. He folded his arms across his chest and scowled, narrowing his eyes further as if he knew that I wasn't going to answer his question.

The cop cleared his throat and shifted on his feet before they looked at us. He stood taller and placed his arms behind his back while he looked at us.

"Why have you stopped us?" I asked and looked at the cop again. "And who are you both?"

The cop paused and looked around to make sure that we were alone before he looked at me. "Alpha Zenith Cromwell, and this is one of my warriors Joshua Richarson." He gestured to Joshua before he placed his hands by his side before he cleared his throat and shifted on his feet. "I take it that you have figured out that I was an Alpha, Miss Rice?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

I bit back a scoff and rolled my eyes while I scowled. "The smell of arrogance came off of you in waves before you reached us, Alpha," I replied coldly.

Corbin snorted, interrupting Zenith, and he looked at me with a small smirk on his face. "You also reek of arrogance, Kel," he said and gave me a pointed look with a small smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and scowled, gripping my steering wheel tighter. "That is because I am an Alpha, as well, Corbin," I said sarcastically with a sarcastic smile on my face. "Of course, I smell like arrogance."

"Alpha?" Zenith asked, curiously while he looked between the two of us, and I set my jaw and nodded. He narrowed his eyes and looked at me. "Did you say Alpha?"