Chapter 8 : Apology Accepted

I seem to have a spelling problem with the words "coach" and "couch"...idek how.

Chapter 8 : Apology Accepted

I let out a mewl as my eyes fluttered open and I rolled over on the bed. I blushed at the sight beside of me.

Alex was sleeping soundly on his back. His eyes were closed, lips snapped tightly together and eyebrows furrowed.

"Stop staring." He mumbled huskily making my heart jump. He was awake all along? God that's embarrassing!

His pretty blue eyes peeked open and looked at me making me blush at the sight of how much wonderful the looked up close. He looked adorable still sleepy.

I groaned and sat up still embarrassed by being caught staring at him in his sleep. He probably thought I was some kind sicko with a weird fetish of watching people sleep...or worse.

"Don't be embarrassed," He teased knowing full well what was running through my mind. "I mean, if I wasn't me I'd stare at myself all day long. C'mon, take a look at this body!" He gestured to his body and I tried not to steal a glance at his prominent v line and the outline of his abs. He was going to make me lose it if he kept talking in that husky tone he was at the moment. Gosh! Listen to me.

He pinched my cheeks playfully making me turn scarlet red, I knew he was enjoying my reaction to this situation.

"W-what are you doing in the bed anyway? I thought you were going to sleep on the couch."

He lips made a low frown, "After calming you down I thought so too but, fuck, that couch is so uncomfortable." He sent me an apologetic look realizing that he had sworn.

"It's fine, but you seriously have to work on that." I pointed out.

"Why don't you like people swearing anyway?" He asked sitting up beside me all signs of his earlier playfulness wiped away. "Yeah I know it's wrong and all, but it's kinda nothing nowadays if you think about it." He shrugged.

I tensed at his question. My lips curled up together sealing them. I wasn't going answer his question, not today and I knew I told him that I was going to try harder but I couldn't tell him. I couldn't tell him about that dreadful night. A night that burst the bubble of happiness that I thought would forever cover me like a needle pricking a balloon.

"I won't force you to tell me. I'll let you tell me on your on accord alright?" He said gently touching my hand that gripped a pillow tightly. I looked down at his action in wonder, still not used to the feeling I got when his skin made contact with mine.

I gave him a grateful smile still though.

"By the way, were you the one who, you know...took care of me yesterday when you found me?" I asked awkwardly dwindling my fingers.

"You mean if I was the one who nursed you back to health?" I nodded.
"No. My mom did," He said making me look at him with a confused expression.

"She's a doctor." He explained further on.

"Oh...well I'll have to thank her for that," I mumbled more to myself. I looked up at him when a certain question ran through my mind. "Wasn't she curious about what put me in that state?"

She must've been, I knew I would if my son came home with a random girl in the middle of the night, battered and bruised. That's a little exaggerated but still.

"Yes she was, but I told her not to stay the hell out of my business." He said with a tight liped smile.

"Whoah, harsh much?" I commented.