Chapter 30 : A Trip To Remember

"It's not only mothers who know what's best, big brothers qualify for that category too." - Anonymous

Chapter 30 : A Trip To Remember

"Uh-hh..." I stuttered as my mind failed to create a coherent sentence and when it finally did it was too late for Marie beat me to it.

"Why yes, she and Alex here are friends. She came over the other day working on a project with him. A cute one she is." She informed everyone and I heard Natasha beginning to choke on air.

I blushed as everyone continued to look at me in either curiosity or something else I couldn't quite make out. I didn't even want to think about what the thoughts inside their heads could be. The situation was quite embarrassing and I didn't know why I felt like that.

"Is that so?" Leona said taking a step forward towards me but then shuffled closer to dad when she realized her temper inflicted act. That was a major slip up for her because everyone turned to take a glance at her.

Her jaw clenched.

"Yes. Really close friends too right Carrie?" And that was when he finally spoke up.

I couldn't help the sensations that swarmed me when he called me by my first name. I really couldn't help it especially when he slung an arm across my shoulder right after.

Marie grinned.

Alex looked down at me awaiting my answer with his perfectly raised eyebrow. I swear this boy wants to kill me. I could see that he was angry and felt it too due to his tense muscles and I knew it was because my abuser was standing no less than three feet away from me.

"Yeah." I finally answered him and marveled in the fact that it came out quite strong, not like the weak me- the old me would've sounded.

"Well then since that's settled we should get going right now. It's great to know some of us are already familiar with others but we're on schedule and my family's already late for which I apologize." Mr. Parker said nodding to the jet in front us.

"That's fine Mr. Parker, let's get going shall we?" Leona said and we began walking to the white jet.

I looked up at Alex in shock when his hand slowly slid into mine, gripping it firmly. He didn't acknowledge my stare and instead looked ahead but I didn't miss the small smirk on his face.

I bit my lip from allowing the wide grin that wanted to form across my face.

We proceeded slowly behind the others and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips when Sirina turned around flashing us a thumbs up quickly.

Alex let out a chuckle at her antics also. I could never understand why anyone would not like her.

"So...wanna tell me why you didn't tell me about this little trip of yours Monroe?" He whispered looking down at me.

I squirmed a bit. "Wanna tell me why you didn't tell me about this little trip of yours Alex?" I countered and I saw his lips twitch, his face looking amused.

"Touché." He mumbled as he led me up the steps into the jet.

My hands tightened around his a little when a thought I never really considered hit me.

Being who he was he realized and asked, "What's bothering you?" I looked up at him with a tinge of fear within my eyes.

"I've never flown before." I whispered.

His mouth made an 'O'. "You mean you've never been on a plane before?" I shook my head. "Ever?"

"What part of I've never been off the ground don't you understand?" I snapped harshly as I began to get jittery as everyone took their seats and Alex led us to the pair all the way to the back.