Chapter 38 : Shocking Appearances (Part 1)

Music of this chapter: I'm A Mess - Ed (king) Sheeran.

I updated early obviously and it's not short! Chapter dedicated to KHMaster101 for being such an awesome guy friend to me on this site! He's been with me back when this book only had like eight chapters so you know we've come such a far way. Hope you like it dude!

Chapter 38 : Shocking Appearances (Part 1)

A L E X

I made my way back to the cabin with an aching heart and a pounding head.

I couldn't believe that Carrie actually did what she had done and with Luke of all people. It hurt to know that I have given so much and opened up to her, being some real and she repayed me by basically spitting me in the face.

She had cheated on me with Luke and I was still partially in a state of shock.

It can't be cheating if you two weren't ever together officially.

The girl slept in my bed! I screamed at the bitter voice in my head. Was she not in tune with her emotions that she didn't know how to feel about me?

She let me kiss her. More than once too and initiated one of them between us. I could've felt the want in the way she held onto me as if she could slip through my fingers at any moment and she dreaded the thought of that. The lust was there as well as something else and I craved the feeling of her lips against mine. Even if there was an earthquake to occur at that moment I would've died a happy man.

But I guess I misassumed.

I was undoubtedly angry -- at her and myself as well.

She didn't say she liked me back with words but I could see it in those hypnotic blue - green eyes of hers.

They say actions speak louder than words but sometimes one's satisfaction depended on those exact words failing to be uttered.

I knew even as I ignored the concerned voice at my mother yelling at me and asking me what was wrong as I marched up the stairs I knew deep down that I still cared for Carrie.

I was too far gone to come back now. I knew I liked her, maybe even lo- no!

I plopped backwards onto my bed, a groan escaping my parted lips. I would really love to take out all this frustration on a punching bag.

Carrie's broken faced flashed across my face and I knew as much as I wanted to erase these feelings I couldn't.

Somebody's feelings for someone can't be magically removed because they've made a mistake, even if it was a major fuck up.

I covered my face with my hands deciding that a rest could make me escape this reality but as I slept I only dreamed of vulgar things Carrie was doing with Luke.

-------------

Once I didn't see Carrie returning yesterday night I knew something was wrong when I awoke. I didn't know how I knew but I just felt it.

I stood up abruptly and everyone turned in my direction but I ignored them walking quickly back to the cabin which we left to go over our schedule for the day.

"Hey Alex man where are you going?" I heard Justin shout.

His approaching footsteps were heavy and I slowed down for him to catch up to me.

"I'm going to take a nap."

A hand landed on my shoulder making me come to a halt and I looked at him blankly.