Chapter 26 : Anonymous Notes, Bonfires and Surprises

"Hey Carrie." I turned to see Tae Yuong. He stood there with a bright smile on his face.

"Hi Tae Yuong, how have you been?"

"Good. I feel like I haven't seen you in ages though." He said and I mentally awed when he pouted.

"Sorry. I've just been really busy lately so I had to leave school early and when I'm not doing that I'm busy tutoring." I informed as I slammed my locker shut having taken out the textbook I wanted.

"It's fine. You're free now aren't you so that's great." He shrugged and I smiled.

"Senior Bonfire! Senior Bonfire tonight!" Michelle, a girl from the student committee, yelled as she handed out flyers to everyone in the hallway.

Every year Harrington High held a literal bonfire for the seniors. It was like an early party for our school leaving in the following months but with more booze and less teachers than usual. Actually, there was only two teachers I heard for supervision and they apparently left early so the bonfire would transform into uncontrollable wild party scene.

I looked down at the flyer she gave me with curiosity. A bold 'Senior Bonfire' was the first thing that caught my eyes then a large colorful collage of teens dancing, having fun along with different events and aspects of the party. I couldn't deny how intriguing it looked. They did a great job with it this year.

"You guys have this kind of stuff? This is so cool." Tae Yuong grinned as his eyes scanned the paper and looking back up at me.

"Yeah, annually. I hear it's always a blast." I folded the paper in two and put it in the small compartment of my bag.

"I'm definitely going to this." He said with excitement. I looked up at him and shook my head in amusement.

"What? It looks so cool! Look at the fire and the lights." He shoved the flyer in my face excitedly and I couldn't help but smile at his antics.

It did look cool indeed.

"So are you going?" Tae Yuong asked as I leaned against my locker with my book against my chest.

I wanted to for a change. I didn't want to miss out on the one thing I had always been looking forward to since I began attending this school but I knew full well that there's no way in God's name Leona would let me. Not even if pigs started to fly.

"No." I tried to sound as uninterested as possible and I guessed I succeeded as I watched him choke on air.

"Why not?" He said in an almost whine and had to refrain myself from pinching his cheeks because of how adorable he looked as he pouted.

"The scene will become too intense, trust me."

I wasn't exactly lying per se.

Tae Yuong shook his head in disbelief. "That's why? That's so stupid of you. A once in a lifetime opportunity like this to be in the company of your friends-" I don't have many friends. "-to enjoy yourself and let the worries of finals wash away for the day and you're just going to let that pass you by?!"

"Yup." I said popping the 'p' with a shrug as I pushed myself off my locker and began walking to Chemistry as the bell began ringing.

"I can't believe you're just-" He stopped abruptly to bend down and take up one of my books that slipped out my hold.

"Thank you. I don't know how that fell a while ago."

He handed me my book along with a small piece of paper and I looked at him puzzled. "It fell out the book."