Chapter 39 : Shocking Appearances (Part 2)

This chapter is dedicated to _its_da_feelz_ for being one of the few people who actually take the time out to vote on every single chapter and comment lots. Thanks love x. This is the last dedication I'll be doing for now btw.

Ignore the typos please. I am me after all.

Chapter 39 : Shocking Appearances (Part 2)

"How is she?" A voice asked as soon as I stepped out the door.

My head looked to the side to see the boy I owed. The boy who saved the girl I loved from slipping out of my grasps. I couldn't imagine what I would do if this brown haired boy didn't follow her outside in concern and hanging on to a string for life.

Apparently I was right when it came to the part of Carrie being in trouble. He told me she had been invited to a party by that bitch Olivia and fled because of the sight of Luke. Due to the way he related that part I knew he had no knowledge of why Carrie reacted to Luke like she did but I knew fully well why.

This boy that stood in front of me was named Ashton Irwin and I could never express how thankful I was towards him. For not only saving her from being raped at the party by a random guy but for following his instincts and going to check on her outside just in time to see her struggling against the currents. He was a life guard back at his home in Australia and he found it no threat to dive in and save Carrie.

He played it off saying it was no big deal but it was. It meant everything to me. The doctors said if she hadn't been rushed to the hospital the moment she did any longer she would've been dead. With the amount of water that entered her body any more would've killed her for sure.

I didn't know what occurred between the two of them why he was concerned about her but I had no space for selfish jealousy as I looked at the guy's exhausted profile.

"The doctors gave her something to make her not feel any intense pain when she wakes up. They're still running a few minor tests to see if she's got any internal injury but overall she's fine. They say she'll wake up soon...thank you." I informed.

He gave me a lopsided smile shrugging his shoulders. "She seemed like a nice girl and I would've done the same for anyone."

"Understandable," I mumbled. "How do you know Olivia if you don't mind me asking."

I wanted to know as much as I could when it came to her sudden appearance back in my life and befriending Carrie? That was too fishy to look past especially since right after knowing her she wound up being in the hospital for almost drowning.

I knew Carrie good enough to know she hated the act of drinking. She didn't like the state of being so vulnerable that you utter things that you will no doubt regret the next morning as they were supposed to be kept secrets.

Ashton scratched the back of his head. "I met her a couple of days ago. Her brother, Luke, is one of my best mates and he's always wanted us to meet," He answered. "Why do you want to know this?"

I pinched at the bridge of my nose. "Was she acting weird before the drowning incident?" I asked ignoring his question making his eyes narrow onto me. "Unlike herself?"

"What're you trying to get at? Olivia went for drinks when Carrie left the party." He questioned sounding defensive all of a sudden.

"Nothing," I answered with a sigh. "It's dumb. I'm being paranoid. I think I'm just really tired you know? I'll go get something to eat, take a shower and nap then return here. If you're still here we'll talk properly okay?"

He nodded letting out a breath. "Sure. I'm not going anywhere before she wakes."

I nodded back at him and went over to Sirina and the rest informing them of Carrie's condition.