Down Memory Lane

Dedicated to Rathanak for the amazing new cover also do check out the awesome trailer made by LikeaBlackbird on the side.

*Four years ago*

"Who are you and what have you done with my sister?" Liam stood in my doorway with a surprised expression.

"When are you going to learn to knock before you barge into my room, Liam?" I asked putting one hand on my hip.

Liam casually strode inside and plopped himself on my bed. "You're my little sister; I don't need permission to 'barge' into your room."

I narrowed my eyes at my brother but sighed and turned back to my mirror checking out my appearance. Today was the day I was to confess my feelings to my long time crush Damien. I couldn't hold it in any longer, being around him and acting just friendly was becoming way too difficult. I know I was no gorgeous supermodel with a killer figure, heck I didn't even have a figure to start with, being the chubby girl I was. But I knew Damien, he's one of my close friends and he's not the kind of guy who likes a girl because of her outer appearance or what size dress she wears, he looks at what's on the inside of a person, he always says why be pretty on the outside when you're hideous on the inside and I would think that I was pretty on the inside. Sure I'm a little rebellious and I tend to break rules and do things that a normal fourteen year old wouldn't like party a hell of a lot, get wasted on a frequent basis and I might've smoked weed once or twice but it doesn't mean I'm pure evil. I helped an old lady the other day take her groceries to the car, that should count as good right? And who cares if I took the ten dollars she offered, I only took it because she insisted, well sort of anyway.

"So, why do you look like a girl today?" My brother drawled breaking away my thoughts.

"That's none of your business Liam, but just for the record the last I checked I was a girl." I rolled my eyes and my sometimes very annoying brother.

"I find that very hard to believe at times Carly, I swear we should've called you Carlos instead if we knew that you'd only hang out with guys." He snorted.

I turned around and faced him with a bored expression. "At least I just 'hang' with those guys and not sleep around with them like some of the girls you seem to keep in company. Besides I do hang out with girls, take Amber for example."

"Look at you being so observant towards your big brother at school. You should observe the other guys at school then maybe you might have a boyfriend now."

"Not that I would approve of him." Liam quickly added.

I chuckled at my brother and tucked a lose strand of stubborn hair behind my ear that refused to sit properly. "I'm in high school now Liam, I think I'm old enough to have a boyfriend and you have no say whatsoever in that."

Liam sighed. "I'm still going to kick his ass just because I feel like it." he said quite smugly.

I rolled my eyes at my brother and applied a quick layer of lip-gloss and gave myself a once over again. I looked way different from what I would normally wear to school which normally consisted of jeans and the school shirt with the matching blazer. Today I decided to wear a knee high plaid skirt with leggings, a navy blue pullover over my plain white buttoned shirt and ankle boots. I decided to leave my hair to hang loose and for once I applied makeup. I guess for the very first time I actually made an effort to look like a girl and I kind of liked the way I looked, I just hoped Damien would too. I turned to the side and looked at myself, so I didn't have a flat tummy or the huge thigh-gap that most girls had and my thighs were a little chunky but who cares right? I would just pull in my tummy a bit when I speak to Damien.

"Okay tell me his name." Liam said getting off my bed and standing opposite me.

I acted ignorant. "Whose name?"