Dominate

I went to Carter and showed him the book.

"Wait,are you serious?"he asked.

I nodded.

It had all the steps to get out of Marco's house safely.I couldn't believe how good God was being to me right now.Especially since its been almost a month here in this hellhole.

"Whats the first step?"Carter asked.

I flipped to the next page.

Step 1
Find the key
-its always in his right pocket
-be careful

His right pocket?Hmmm.

"You think this is true?What if something happens. "Carter whispered.

"Baby."I mumbled.

Carter rolled his eyes.

"Lets just try to see.So, how do we get him here?"

Carter shrugged.

"What's up with you?We finally have good news and your acting like you don't want to get out of here."I raised my eyebrows.

"Maybe I dont".

What?

"What?"

"Once we get out of here you won't have anything to do with me.Well just forget each other.I don't want that."

I bit my lip.Oh.
"That won't happen Carter.You can come to the station like always."

"Exactly I don't want everything to go back to normal."He looked so sad.

"But Carter...well figure that out later.Let's just try to get the key,okay?"I replied.

He shook his head.

"Whatever.Your not even listening to me."Carter's features turned stone cold.

"I just can't deal with your problems right now.I'm trying to get outta here."I sighed,looking in the book.

"Thats something my dad would of said"Carter whispered.

I looked up at him.

"He never cared how I felt.I hated him for that.There was no one to talk to.To listen to me.And now your doing the same thing."Carter scoffed.

I remained silent.

"He would just stare.Tell me that I was being a wimp.A punk.He told me go join the football team.Maybe it'll toughen me up.I did and now I wish I didn't."

I gave him a confused glance.

"They knew about my past.How I used to be fat and do all my work in school."

"Really?"I asked.

Carter nodded.

"When I was younger people use to bully me and I use to cry about it.After while I realized I needed to change.So I started to work out and create a new image for myself. "He played with his fingers.

"I was popular,fit and if I do say so myself, sexy.But I was still insecure.I don't think that'll ever change.I'm scared,of losing you.That you'll find someone better than me.And I know that you can't be with me but I wish you would try."Carter rambled.

"I...Um...Im sorry."

Later,we had a plan in order to get Marco up stairs so we can retrieve the key.But,I told Carter I wanted to practice some police preparation just in case.So he'll be my partner.