Chapter 6//

My heart is aching in the worst way possible. My father was the last thing related to me and I lost that. I've officially lost my past, he used to be the most genuine man I've known, kind and thoughtful until he found his comfort in the bottles. Alcohol became his first and only thought and the monster hidden within him was unleashed, my mother and I were his prey. The heavier his drinking got, the darker our bruises were, we loved him and we were naive enough to think we could've salvaged him. He would treat my mom like an animal and she would survive it only for me and the helpless look on her face every time he would hit me is still haunting my thoughts and dreams. She would throw herself at him every time he touched me and took double the beating cause he would be furious with her. My mother was my best friend, my life, my everything. She made those horrible nights better, she would sleep next to me and hold me every night because she wouldn't want me to cry myself to sleep like I did every night. We reached a point were we had enough of his physical and mental abuse and we had the courage to kick him out of the house. We didn't want to report him because he was the only thing we had and without him we wouldn't have been able to make it. My mom moved all the way from Italy to be with him and had no one but him, no family, no friends and no money.
We lived a peaceful quiet week until one night, my father shows up and breaks the main door and bashes my bedroom door. He was pissed drunk and under the influence, my mother was sleeping next to me and we both start screaming at the top of our lungs hoping anyone of our neighbors would hear or rescue us from the nightmare before my eyes. In a one quick motion, my father pulls a pistol of his back pocket and first aims at me and then my mother and he would repeat aiming the gun at both of us. He yells for us to shut up or he would shoot, my mother is trembling next to me and my legs have given up on me and I fall to the floors on my knees. He points the gun towards my mother and with a smile plastered on his face, he pulls the trigger and I'm blinded by what just happened in front of me and the sound of that bullet will forever be ringing in my ears.

a/n: Hey! Thank you for taking the time to read my story, appreciate it! Send me feedback or any ideas of how you'd like this story to move on. Much love, Alexandra x