Chapter 15//

His hand is still resting on my thigh while I try to calm myself and the tears that make me feel so weak and broken. I can't face my issues with tears, they're my way of comfort but they no longer seems to be working. I need to be strong for me and for us, I need to fight for us but I can't seem to do that. My options are limited and it kills me inside that the decision is up to him and that I have no say in it. "Lolita baby please don't cry" Lucious says and he gets closer to me, putting his hands around my waist to lift me so I could sit between his legs, he hugs me tightly and I'm looking for salvation. "I don't want to leave you like this baby, I can't bring myself to do that but someone has to fix this. I can't promise you what will happen but I can promise you this, I'll come see you as soon as I can". He says and I feel my heart combusting in its place. That can't mean what I think it does, I hug him for what could be the last one we ever share and I move away from him to allow him to get up and deal with the problem we are facing. He's being the strong one here, he's the one has full control of the situation. I turn my back to him while he moves to the dressing room to get ready to leave, I turn around to watch him dress for what could be the last time I could be witnessing that. Lucious puts on black pants and a plain v-neck t-shirt, he grabs his moccasins and briefcase all while his eyes are fixed on me. He moves closer to me crashing his lips to mine, I kiss him back, deep and hard, bruising my lips in the process for what could be the last kiss my mouth will ever have. My head rests on his chest, "I love you, Lucious" I say for the first time out loud. I don't wait for him to say it back then he surprises me by saying "I love you more than I loved anyone Lolita" I can't believe what he just said, this is the first time he confesses his love for me and it happened in the worst circumstances we could be in. He sits on the edge of the couch to wear his moccasins and gathers his things and takes my hand making his way to the door, I look at him "Darling please let me know how everything goes, I won't text you until you do and I won't call you until you can but please don't let my heart shatter in pieces but right now I'd rather it break once than die slowly in agonizing pain. I've had enough of those and if anything happens from you, God only knows what would happen to me" there I said everything I wanted him to keep in mind for when he does take a decision. Lucious simply nods and promises me that he won't keep me in the dark, he grabs my wrist placing it on his heart while he kisses me one last kiss before he leaves. The apartment door shuts and I'm left with a stinging heart and a mind not in its place, I stay in place by the door placing my hands on it balancing myself and my thoughts, "it's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay" I say lying to myself.

a/n: Thank you for everyone that voted, I deeply appreciate it. Let me know what you think. Love, Alexandra x