Chapter 7//

"Tell me what you're feeling baby" Lucious says and takes me out from my trip down memory lane, the lane that has darkened my days, nights and life. I don't know what to think, I find it extremely difficult to answer that question, "How did he die?" I say in between sobs, wondering how he actually died, was it as painful as it was to my mother who suffered for 18 minutes before she actually passed, who had blood spilling out of her mouth, who had cried and begged him to make it all go away. I had to live that and relive it every single damned day.
"He slit his wrists with a sharp razor that he managed to get from one of the guards" Lucious says with a heavy sigh, he takes me into his lap and holds me tighter while I try to maintain my cries but him holding me that way just made me burst and my cries got louder.
"This is my fault Lucious, this is all my fault" I say with guilt filling me.
He's baffled by what I'm saying and holds my shoulders to push them in front of him so we could be face to face "What the hell are you talking about? How is his suicide your fault?".
"If I hadn't testified against him he wouldn't be where he was" saying that out loud made me seem pathetic and I felt pathetic at that moment.
He cups my face and says "Oh Lolita baby, this is absolutely not on you at all. How can you say that about the man that killed your mother and scarred you the way he did. Don't you ever dare say that again, your father deserved to rot in hell for what he's done to you, my precious. You testifying against him is the least you could've done, I would have made him suffer, ever since you told me, I wanted to do just that to mend your broken heart". He wipes my tears with his thumbs and leans in to kiss me, that kiss numbs the pain, him being here numbs all the pain one could feel.
I break the kiss because I can't contain the tears streaming down my face "What now? What happens to him? I don't want him to be buried next to my mother, he doesn't deserve that and she doesn't deserve having him by her side after everything he's done. I visit my mother as often as I can and I wouldn't want him to be there too".
Lucious nods his head in agreement and informs me to not worry about it, he gets up to fetch us a drink, I ask him to double mine and I bring my legs to my chest and put my head in between them, trying to stop myself from crying. He takes off his suit jacket and hands me a glass of cognac while he takes a sip from his. I take it, smelling it and immediately gulping it down, it burns my throat, my lungs and my insides. I lean to him feeling the drink already kicking in my system and my head buzzing from all the crying, I hold on to him like I might lose him the next minute. He continues to caress my arms soothing me while my eyes start slowly to shut down.

a/n: Hey! Sorry for the late update :( Thank you for taking the time to read Mistress Distress. Please let me know what you think. Love x100, Alexandra x