The turning point

''If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves.''
- Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal
-----------------------------------------------------------
After that cheesy apology , I got a phone call. It was zee's mom, crap!!she has been such a sweetheart all the time, but every time I talk to her I get so nervous.
*ring* *ring*

"Humaira! what's taking you so long to recieve the call? who is it?" asked mom .

"zayed's mom !"

"Then pick it right away. what are you waiting for?"

" I'm just practising maa.."

I received the call.

assalamualikum humaira dear, how are you doing today?

walikum salam aunty, I-I I'm fine alhamdulillah.
Humaira?how many times do I have to tell you dear,that I am your mother . stop calling me aunty.

I-I'm sorry mamma.

hahha!That's better. I have to say that, the pasta you prepared was just so irresistible. May Allah bless you . The men in this house are indeed lucky!Your bhabhi (zayed's brothers wife) is also a good cook. you'll will have a nice time .

Hehe! !That's lovely mamma!jazakallah for all the love you'll give me.

wa iyyakum and stop being so formal . your a part of this family . how is everyone at home?convey my regards and salam to them.

yeah sure mamma ..walikum salam

okay humaira, I'll have to hang up now. Take care dear and one more thing ...I forgot to ask you!

yes mamma?what is it?

what have you done to my son?

Gosh! I freaked out at that statement ..she didn't sound angry, but sure was surprised about something. As I loved panicking ,I thought of all possible things I could do to him but feeling defeated , I waited for her answer.

He never misses his fajr prayers now!jazakallah khairan sweetheart! I always wanted this from him and I'm glad you could do it. I'll be forever indebt for this favour of yours. may Allah reward you with all the goodness in the hereafter and this world as well.

TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!!!zayed always told me that my words had a strong impact on him , but I never knew the extent of it. on hearing that from his mom, I was on cloud nine. If I could ever change someone for the sake of Allah, it'd be my honour and pleasure. The tone she spoke with expressed the satisfaction she had from within. I didn't know how to react on that.

well, wa antum fa jazakumullahu khairan kaseera mamma. It's my duty to do so and if my advices or thoughts are being implemented then he is the one who takes the entire credit,Isn't it?

I agree,but you have a major role in this, I'm glad he chose the right one! keep learning together and strive to be better Muslimah's

yes mamma...In sha Allah

take care dear. assalamualikum

walikum salam mamma