The dark night

our life after nikah was running on a smooth pace.As days passed by ,I got to discover something new about him. As much as he looked happy ,cheerful, care- free ,happy go lucky and more, his eyes had a deep melancholy hidden in it.

The more I looked at him, the more curious I was to resolve the mystery that was hidden behind the mask of a humorous clown of the house.

My instincts were skeptical to ask him the reason ,for though I possessed the tough ,brave and strong personality on the exterior ,I am more than emotional from the inside. I feared handling the sorrow.

My one question would break all those feelings into pieces;will I be able to collect the broken pieces and mend it into one again?

just ask him Humaira.

" Humaira?",he called snapping me out from my thoughts as I was staring into the distance - the gushing of the waves being the only sound and the cool breeze played with my turquoise blue hijab.

It was a sunday and early in the morning zee offered to go to the beach . We sat on one of the bench facing the waves as he brought 2 Cups of hot 'matka'(a small cup made out of clay) tea from the nearby shack.

"yes zee?"

"The intense look on your face is too muv to handle because I've always seen the mad humaira with all possible funny faces."

"like this one?",I asked as I squinted my eyes and stuck my tongue out showing all my teeth .

He threw his head back laughing his heart out and nodding his head.

"You are impossible humaira ",he said as the smile still lingered all over his face which bloomed my heart with joy.

As I sipped the tea , my mind still juggled with the thought of asking him .

before your head explodes just ask him.

"zeeeeee", I dragged his name.

"yessssss?",he asked imitating my tone.

"Do you trust me?"

"huh?what sort of a question is that?I'm not your boyfriend . I'm your husband -what bigger proof do you want that I trust you?"

"yeah of course ", I replied smiling and continued looking into the distance brushing off earlier thoughts of asking him.

I admired my Creator for the scene in front of me. Such a mighty artist ,who is the master of duniya and aakhira.

I spread the prayer mat which I had in my hand baggage as I wanted to offer 2 rakahs of nafl prayer with my husband.

we went to one of the corner tree where there was a pipe in order to perform ablutions ,then we prayed facing the qibla to the one and only Almighty for the innumerous blessings he has showered.

on our way back home zee took a left turn instead of straight which was the actual route to both our apartments.
I shot a confused look ,to get a grim expression from my husband in return.

"zee",before I could ask anything further he hushed me.

It was a double road that we entered with luscious green trees forming a doom like tunnel in top and small houses on either sides of the road.

As he drove further , looked at him still confused as his eyes softened looking those houses as if reminiscing something.

He stopped the car and looked at me,motioning me to one of the benches out there. I did as told because I was nothing more than baffled at what was happening.