Chapter Twelve

"What?" Zeek ask confused by Logan's assumption.

"You heard exactly what I said Zeek, do you have a child out there with another woman? Is that why you're not too eager to try and start and extend our family, because you already have a child?" Zeek takes note of Logan's right leg bouncing up and down at great speed.

"No, I don't have another child out there, where is this coming from?"

"This is where the fuck this is coming from!" she snaps throwing her phone right at him that he caught before it hit his face. He looks at the two pictures that Dylan sent her. Yes, on the outside looking in, it looks as though Genesis is his child, but it is his brother's child, "and don't you dare try to wiggle your way out of this, she looks just like you."

"I can explain this."

"Unbelievable," she laughs getting off the couch not wanting to hear his explanation.

"Who sent you these pictures?" he questions sitting the phone on the coffee table.

"Don't worry about all that," she waves him off trying to get her emotions under control.

"With that answer, I'm just going to take a wild guess and say Dylan," when she didn't answer he nods his head, "of course it is, you would be that quick to believe him over me. If you must know, Genesis is my niece, not my daughter, and her mother, Carla, is my one of my best friends. If you would have just let me explain instead quickly trying to jump down my throat about this, or better yet call me instead of sitting here letting your little boyfriend gas your head up to get to this."

"He's not my boyfriend, for the last fucking time Ezekiel."

"Well, he might as well be if you're going to be so quick to believe him over me," he walks past her into the direction of his office, "you didn't want to have a conversation, you just wanted to sit there and yell at me," he mutters slamming the door shut behind him.

"I need to get out of here," she laughs looking everywhere for her keys, when she spotted them she snatched them up along with her phone existing out of her house. Getting into her car she unlocks her phone calling the first person that comes to mind."

"Hello?"

"It's Logan," she says backing out of the driveway.

"I know that it's you girl, you didn't have to tell me. I'm just surprised that you're calling me."

"Are you home?"

"Yeah, I just walked through the door."

"Is it alright that I come over, I just need to vent?"

"Yeah, sure, you're always welcome here, I'll send you my address."

"See you then," she stops at the end of the driveway waiting for Dylan to text her his address. Feeling eyes on her, she looks up to see Zeek looking at her through the windows in his office. After a few minutes of just staring at each other he shakes his head closing the blinds just ass Dylan texted her his address.

~

"Hey, you got here quicker than I thought!" Dylan smiles opening the door wide enough for Logan to walk through.

"Traffic wasn't so bad, and you were literally right around the corner from me," she shrugs as he takes in his living situation. His apartment was small, a little on the cramp side, but it screams Dylan.

Plain, no decorations, no pictures or paintings covering the walls or plants, whether real or fake, around the house. He didn't even have a rug to bring some type of life into his home.