Deception

Been waiting for this one!!

The hottie in the photo is Stephen James and he shall be Angel.

It took me FOREVER to find this boy, I just couldn't see anyone who fit the Angel bill. But this dude did!! The only problem was finding the perfect picture. Thus guy is a freaking model and has a billion tattoos! Bit this one, I feel, is good .

VOTE!

COMMENT!

*****

After pulling three enforcers on the roof Angel was by my side and helped me yank out D'Ray who is a big boy. Once they were pulled out of the smoke and fire, the enforcers left, running to their cars hidden in the forest. 

I cough, "Is that all of them?"

Angel shook his head, "Pedro is still down there,"

"Should we get him?" Judging by Angel's eyes, he'd rather not, but Pedro is Maria's brother. Whether or not they're close, they're bound by blood. If someone could have saved Leon, I wish they would've. I may not like Maria or know Pedro, but I can't let him die this way. It wouldn't look good on my part and obviously Pedro matters to the Kings, being sent to the sit down with me. Before Angel could talk, I slip through the hole. I land on the chair and wave my hand. The dense smoke is already getting to me, blocking my sight and ability to breathe.

"Pedro!" I shout. I clumsily walk through the small space, trying to recall the fine details of the room. I see a collapsed figure on the floor and I make my way to him. I bend and shake his shoulder, "Pedro, we have to go,"

He lifts his head and I choke on my spit. Pedro is wearing a firemen mask. I blink rapidly and try to clear my vision. Sensing the danger I try to gain my balance and run but my limbs are useless. The lack of oxygen is affecting me as the fire licks it's way closer.

Pedro pulled my hair and threw me against a wall. I cough dryly as he wraps both hands around my neck. I claw at his wrists, all the techniques Angel had demonstrated a hundred times vacate my mind. I gasp for air and fling my feet. Pedro rose me off the ground and pressed harder. Black spots dot the corners of my vision. 

So this is how I die. 

Strangled by a King in a burning haunted house. I think of my family, of the pain they will feel at losing another sibling. I think of Angel and how he'll never know of my attraction towards him. To them all, I mentally say goodbye and to Leon I say hello. I can't help but feel a flood of regrets; there is so much I have yet to do and say. Angel is the most pronounced regret because I wish I were the type of girl to tell a guy she likes him, to kiss that guy. And lord, how I did want to kiss Angel Montez. I can already see Leon and I sitting in Hell as I tell him I had the hots for his best friend. Concentrating this much energy on Angel and my loved ones, I was able to picture him vividly. Suddenly Angel was emerging from the fire, the heat in the house was nothing compared to the heat of his glare. I smile tenderly at him, hoping he could forgive my stupid mistake. 

Content to see Angel, and not Pedro, when I meet death I let myself slip. I stare at Angel and watch as he smashed the flashlight in his hand on Pedro's neck. The pressure on my throat is gone and I inhale deeply, only to choke on the smoke.

Angel injected a needle tip in Pedro's arm and Pedro falls. I cover my mouth and nose to avoid breathing but I'm extremely dizzy and prepared to pass out. I felt Angel curl his hands around my back and legs, carrying me. A moment later we're outside and Angel is jogging through the dead leaves and to his hummer. 

I try my best to not faint and take in as much of the fresh air I could. Peeking over his shoulder, I see the house collapsing and the flash of bright lights. Angel shifted me as he reached to unlock the door.