Run

This is the last chapter!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

*****

Outside that dreaded building which now contained two deceased bodies, Angel and I stand. We cross the street and hear the faint sounds of police sirens. Chicago is in choas, a gang war begun and doesn't seem to be ending any time soon. The night is wide awake with scared civilians, courageous policemen and gang members. There isn't a place that's safe.

"Would you like the honors?" Angel holds the switch of death.

I smirk, "Duh," I greedily grab the box and drag us into the alley Kayla and I visited. Once sheltered, I flick the switch. A roaring boom echoed as the building exploded. Theo and Gabriel had been planting explosives on the foundation while Angel and I confronted Royal and Pedro. And I just blew it all into nothingness. Luckily, the building stands alone and debris didn't fly too far. "Yes!" I jump. Seems I like making things explode because I got the biggest rush of engery.

Luke's van came to a sudden stop in front of us and we quickly dive in. As he drives Luke said, "Guys, we're in deep shit. Like, really deep."

I try to keep my balance but Luke's hectic driving isn't helping, "What's going on?"

"Royal sent a message to dangerous people. We're talking professional snipers, hunters, assassination. They already killed Juila and the FBI agent Jared Ryans." Luke took a hard left and I stumble onto Gabriel.

"What?" I squeak, "He had Julia and Jared killed!"

"Don't worry though, your family is in the clear. He said they were victims. Just in case though, I had Gerald pick them up. They're after you Cameron." Luke sped past a red light and caused a car to slam into another.

"Where are we going?" I ask, rising to my feet. Theo and Gabriel aren't nearly as graceful and stomp around the back.

Angel had made his way to the passenger seat and was directing Luke. They kept silent. Suddenly, Theo tackled me and at that moment a bullet flew were I was and into the window shield, making Luke curse.

"What the hell?" I yell, trying to keep Theo's enormous form from crushing me.

"I told you, assassination." Luke yelled back.

"They want to kill me?" I gulp. Sure, people have always wished to do such a thing, but they weren't as close as the are now. I turn and peak at the windows on the back doors and see four cars following us closely.

"No, I think they just like shooting in public places." Gabriel dives on top of my other side, efficiency pinning me in between two large boys.

"Lose them!" Angel loaded his gun and quickly rolled down his window. Looking through the mirror, not even bothering to risk sticking his head out, Angel was shooting at the cars chasing us.

"I'm trying." Luke took another hard turn and our three bodies on the floor slid to the side.

"They are coming from no where." Angel said, grabbing another gun.

This went on. Luke driving like a mad man, Angel shooting without the need to look, Gabriel and Theo using their bodies to protect me. My heart pounds in my chest, sure to burst in minutes. One second I'm dealing with the Founder of the Kings and the next my life is on the line. I try desperately to catch my breath hutbim being squished. I blink and try my best to focus, there has to be an outcome where we live. I have enough blood on my hands, I can't handle any more.

"This isn't working." Angel growls, tossing his weapon out the window. "Luke, the alley."

Luke jerked the steering wheel and I hear the cars fly past. "Quick," Angel grabbed my arm and next thing I knew he pulled us out the van. We roll onto the dirt floor and Angel hauled us to our feet. He started climbing the wall and I followed. Soon, we're scaling buildings and jumping from roof top to roof top. This time it isn't for fun but because our necks are on the line. I don't pay attention to what I do, I let my instincts take control and I follow into autopilot. Jump, land, run, duck. I think past the pain in my thighs, my thundering heart and the cold night. Instead I put all my energy into what I'm doing physically.