Life's Philosophy

Michael B. Jordan for Theo Johnson is my dream!

Seriously, I saw his movie Creed where he plays Apollo's son and it was amazing! If you haven't seen it, you need to!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

*****

"I'm sorry," the doctor began, "we did everything we could."

With a loud scream, Kayla collapsed on the floor. Jamie decides to start bawling because that's the thing everyone is doing. I hand him to Angel and take a deep breath. "Is she dead?" I ask.

The doctor looked at me in shock, "What? No! You miss understand me."

My temper spikes and I yank him by his coat, "Then why the hell do you look sad, like you're telling us we lost her?"

His eyes widen and hr trembles in my grip, "She's alive, but I have some bad news about her condition."

He's taller than me but I don't care. He is an adult and he's shaking in my grip. I grit my teeth, "What the hell is wrong with you?" The pain he caused my family drives me to ingure him.

Angel easily broke my grip and pushed me behind him. Evenly, he said, "What happened to Bridget?"

"A few pieces of glass found their way into her throat. They did some serious damage. We tried to reconstruct her vocal cords, but they're going to need a service we can't provide: time. Eventually, she'll get her voice back, but even then there will be problems." The doctor adjusted his coat and eyed me wearily.

"Are you saying that she lost her voice? She won't be able to speak?" Jet puts a hand on my shoulder to calm me.

The doctor nods, "After her injuries scar and heal, she'll manage to say a few words but we're talking about years."

"I need to see her," I sate.

Knowing I'm not joking and won't take no, he said, "She is stable and I think visitors will have a positive effect."

He lead me to her room. She was not what I expected. Her arm and leg were protected by a white cast, her face was bruised and cut, there were gauzes covering her neck and she was wired to large machines.

Her eyes were slightly open. I walk to her and place a hand on her wrist. "Blink once for yes, twice for no. Do you understand?"

She blinked.

"Do you know who hit you?"

Blink.

"Was it the Kings?"

Blink.

"Are you sure?"

Blink.

"Do you know why they hit you?"

Two blinks.

I get choked up on the next question, "Do you know you lost your voice?"

A blink followed by tears and heavy breathing.

"I'll have people come protect this hospital for you and Ash. Take care of my nephew, Bridget, and yourself. You're strong, you'll get through this." In this moment, Bridget is my sister. The Kings keep hurting her the way they did to me. They ruined this beautiful young woman, sending her to hell and back. I get close to her ear, "The less you know the better, but I need to tell you this; I'm close to finding the bastard that killed Leon. I'm getting justice for us." I take her hand and kiss her scraped knuckles, and wipe her tears.

I back out of her room and find myself in the nursery. I ignore the nurses and start looking over the babies'. It was easy to find Ash; his dark hair and caramel eyes were popping out of a crib. I pick him up and he seems to recognize me. He babbles and started tugging my hair.

Facing the Kingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें