Positions

Another update!

Adorable guy in the photo is Tom Daley and I like to picture him being Gabriel!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

ENJOY!

*****

Kayla

I drop Jamie off at preschool. How Cameron drove Leon's huge truck confidently, got us to school on time, did everything she did so efficiently, I will never know. Somehow my sister was able to give us a functioning family and that's a skill I lack.

While I do love my siblings, they're a sarciface I hadn't planed to make. Cameron did everything she could for us, and I guess now that she's gone I'm only beginning to realize and miss her taking control. I didn't know the extent of what Cameron gave up until I finally had to myself. Though I still do volleyball and maintain a partial social life, the kids have become my proirity. I can't focus during practice because I don't know how Jet and Penny are doing. The boys can be a handful and I hate hitting a ball while my little brother and sister are babysitting. They say they don't mind, but they're kids themselves.

Cameron, for her part, left tons of cash behind. I still can't believe her job paid her that well. But what I really can't get over is the fact that the Red Coats are after my twin. What did she do wrong? Besides be mistaken for this Vigilante Heroine girl? Why didn't they suspect me? I could easily be out there, robbing gangsters and asking about my brothers death. They underestimate me, that's the problem. Of course they think its Cameron, she's a fighter. I may, in some opinions, be the pretty Martinez twin, but she's the brave one. I wish I possessed half of her courage because what she does takes guts. Cameron is stronger than me, not just physically but also spiritually and mentally.

There's a certain flame in Cameron that I have yet to see in another person and she doesn't value herself in that regard. I've seen her, I know how she thinks and feels about herself. While confident in her abilities, she doesn't have that same attitude within her. Like any other teen girl, Cameron is not fully sure of her reflection but she's stunning. We're identical, and Cameron is not ugly because then that means I am. Its just the way she carries herself, that harden exterior that frightens you because a woman who knows what she wants is horrifying.

Jet and I walk into Kennedy and I ignore Lewis, the soccer player who can't take a hint. Cinder and five other Kings keep stride with us and I duck my head. They're worried that the BRC might try something to spite Cameron.

"Any news?" I whisper to Hunter. He has become my informent because my sister won't return my calls, neither will Angel, Luke or Gabriel.

"No, you forget, I'm not in a high position. I don't hear all the details. But she's still alive and with Angel." Hunter whispered back.

I nod. As long as Cameron is with Angel, I know she's safe. He cares for her and will do anything to protect her. Then again, I thought the same thing with Leon. To top that off, Cameron can't stand being told what to do, espically by Angel. I'm sure by now she's tried to escape, rebelled and given him a hard time. I was upstairs, folding Penny's clothes when Jet stormed in, "Hey, that detective is back."

I throw down the shirt and jog to the door. I look at the horrible state of the living room. Jamie is laying on the couch, snoring with Cheeto puffs covering him. Derek is throwing paper air planes and screams when Patrick shots rubber bands at them. Then all the scattered toys, blankets, food and dishes. Penny is making dinner and loading the dishwasher, trying to tide up the kitchen.