Prologue

Rights to some of the characters and plot line go to J. K. Rowling and L. J. Smith. However, some of the characters and plot are mine.

 However, some of the characters and plot are mine

(Picture is Katherina)

~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's PoV:

I never, in a million years, thought that I would be transferring from the most prestigious wizarding school in the world, to Hogwarts, in my 6th year. St. Vladimir's produces the best wizards and witches, houses the best teachers, has the best resources and is basically just the best. Only the most powerful wizards and witches are ever accepted, to graduate there means an instant job in any wizarding profession you could dream of. However, despite it being the best, my close friends and I have all transferred from there to Hogwarts, undoubtedly the oldest wizarding school to still exist.

The reason came down to my younger sister: Catherine. Catherine is terminally ill with a disease the wizarding world has never had to deal with - cancer. And one Professor Albus Dumbledore thinks he may hold the key to developing a cure for my sister's type of cancer, leading for her to start her 1st year at his place of employment, Hogwarts, instead of St. Vlad's.

Of course if she was going to school in Scotland, then as her very over-protective siblings, my twin and I, decided to make the decision of moving schools to be her support. And with that decision, a few of Kiyo (my twin) and I's closest friends moved with us.

The situation wasn't ideal but you'll come to realise that we value our sister over even our own futures, in fact you'll realise that she's the catalyst that both starts off and ends this whole story.