Chapter III: Prejudice for Breakfast

22/10/2016

Rights to some of the characters and plot line go to J. K. Rowling and L. J. Smith. However, most of the characters and plot are mine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's PoV:

After the feast, the houses made their way slowly back to their dorm rooms, Adrian, Christian, Mason and I following everyone else. Our dorms were located in the dungeons, and once we had figured out you had to whisper the word 'pureblood' to a random portrait of an angry man, we finally made it inside.

It appeared as though the common room was located slightly under the water of what I believed to be the Black Lake, the greenish liquid sloshing against a large window, creatures of every shape and size swimming in their depths. The theme of green, silver and black ran clearly through the common room, to the point the fire in the fireplace was even green. It had a homely feel to it though, the cast from the water dimmed and relaxing.

"I think I'm gonna like this place." Mason smirked, nodding his head with his words.

"Make that two of us." Christian and I spoke at the same time, both diving for the large, stuffed, green chairs in front of the fireplace.

"Four of us actually." Adrian winked at a red-head who just happened to be walking past. She blushed in response, running up to her dorm.

"We haven't even been here for 5 minutes and you're already displaying your Casanova colours." I shook my head slightly, eyes rolling into the back of my head.

Mason snorted loudly. "Are you really surprised? I'm going up to find my room, meet me tomorrow morning before breakfast?"

At our nods the ginger stuck his thumbs up, before skipping down the left corridor to find his dorm room.

"I'm gonna go try find Ravenclaw to say night to Lisa, so I'll see you guys later." Christian hugged me briefly before stepping back through the portrait to try and hunt down his girlfriend.

"I should probably do the same with Catherine." I awkwardly stood, not sure how I felt about being left with Adrian after what happened during summer. I began to move towards the door before a hand moved to stop me.

"Rina, wait..." Adrian spoke hesitantly. "Can we not talk about this please."

"There isn't anything to talk about, Adrian. You got drunk and made a move, I said no, that's it." I pulled my arm from his grasp, turning to face him.

"It's more than that though isn't it." He stepped forward slightly. "I know you have to feel something for me, I was so sure. That's why I risked both yours and Kyron's friendship." He kept his voice steady, but couldn't help the desperate glint leaking into his emerald eyes.

"Adrian, please, you were drunk. Just drop it. And you're my brother's best friend, I would never go there anyway." I shook my head, taking a step back.

He stared deeply at me, stubbornness clear on his face. "You say that now..." He trailed off before turning and walking quickly down the corridor to find his room.

I sighed deeply, dropping back into the double-seater couch in front of the fire. "I honest to God hate people sometimes." I shook my head slightly, staring up at the portrait above the fire place of a strong, regal man I knew to be Salazar Slytherin.

"Change that to all of the time and I'll agree with you."

I tilted my head back, spotting the face of one Tom Riddle staring back at me. I smirked as he walked around the couch, standing above me.