Chapter XXIV: Till Death do us Part

9/12/2016

Rights to some of the characters and plot line go to J. K. Rowling and L. J. Smith. However, some of the characters and most of the plot are mine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's PoV:

Harry left to meet Voldemort a good few hours ago. Since he had left, we had all stayed in silence, inside the halls near the front doors; awaiting the moment he arrived to gloat over his 'victory'.

The cold morning had taken ahold of the wreck that remained of Hogwarts by the time he appeared. Like a swarm of darkness, a pale, bald figure led his followers across the bridge, shouting the whole way. His shouts made people move, stand and walk out to see what he had to say.

Seeing what Tom had become, what his horcruxes and death had turned him into, made my stomach churn. The once incredibly handsome man had a figure similar to a skeleton, skin paler than paper and a snake-like nose. He strode with arrogance towards the awaiting crowd, laughing, Nagini by his side.

"Harry Potter is dead!" He held his hands out, wand in one. My friends and I each hid behind the remaining pillars of the door, out of sight but still seeing and hearing what was occurring.

Hagrid, someone I recognised from school, walked with the death eaters unwillingly, Harry's body in his arms.

"No!" Ginny screamed the moment she saw his body, running towards him. A man who had been introduced as her father ran after her, grabbing her forcibly and pulling her back.

Voldemort sent a quick blast into the sky from his wand, screaming for silence. Ginny froze, in her father's arms.

"Stupid girl." Voldemort hissed as Ginny was dragged back to be in line with Ron and Hermione. "Harry potter, is dead." His voice was quieter as he walked closer them, in the middle of the two opposing groups. "From this day forth, you put your faith..." One pale finger pointed towards his own chest. "In me."

His smile was so disgusting I almost flinched, sharp teeth yellowed with age. He slowly turned back to face his followers, still keeping that God-awful, shit-eating grin. "Harry potter is dead!" This time he shouted.

His followers immediately began laughing in response, like following a queue. He soon joined in with them, before turning back to face us. "And now," his arms swung out again. "Is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us..." He paused dramatically. "Or die."

Nobody moved from our side, everyone frozen in complete horror. Voldemort's red eyes glossed over each of them seperatey, waiting for them to move. His eyes fell on someone in particular. "Draco."

Eyes turned to the blonde boy, slowly. Behind Voldemort, an older man, looking very similar to the Abraxas Malfoy I knew, stepped forward and called out to 'Draco' also.

Draco swallowed, frozen. Then his mother called out to him too, standing next to his father. "Draco, come."

Draco glanced at his fellow pupils sadly, before stepping down and weaving through the students to join his parents.

"Ahhh, well done Draco, well done." He made it to where Voldemort stood, the older man wrapping him into a hug. He stood still, unresponsive.