Chapter 1

"Guide us to the straight path-
The path of those upon whom you have bestowed favour, not of those who have evoked (YOUR) anger or of those who are astray" ~~~ QURAN.

Ameen.......

Assalamualaikum lovelies..........
This is the first ever chapter of my first ever book.......*smile*

Enjoy (wink)........
😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

My Instagram is siddiqui.zee for those would like to follow me :) 😉

Zoha's POV

My head was buried in the work, my table was nowhere near clean as papers and files were scattered everywhere from the last meetings and for the upcoming ones.
Though my workplace is pretty appreciable, deep-toned and highly graphic wallpaper surrounds me to my left and the big glass wall to my right.
Out of the wall there stood the most beautiful view in front of my eyes.
To the left, there is a long L shaped couched, beautifully
dominated by the spectacular ceiling design, crafted to look like a daytime sky. This look casts a warm glow over the mostly darker, neutral-hued room, filled with white furniture.
A glass desk is paired with a high black leather chair at the centre.

I muttered the quick 'Come in' when I heard the knock. Concentration was already deep buried now. Nina, my secretary came in to give a file with a smile placed on her beautiful face.
She needed the signatures on the same.
I try not to overburden employees.
Never in my business life, I asked them to stay late for completing some work, I don't like to ruin some one's life only to fulfil my goals.
Obviously, they are working for a pay, however, kindness is a good thing.
At least................. they have their family to return to, to watch over their back.

Sigh.

Nina started scheduling me about tomorrow followed by the report of the excessive work and efforts made today.
My employees know me as an affectionate person, caring and selfless, happy going and as a crazy girl I was, but it was a year old update for them.
Now, I have nothing like that left in me......other than a workaholic and more prompt to work lady.

While signing the same papers she bought in, I asked her for the employees' list working in the company and about the new ongoing matter of the investors to be reported to me, to which she nodded before taking a file from my hand and left.
Somewhere in between my old self and the new one I forgot how was the actual me.
And the irony is nobody cares now.
Mom......?
She would have cared....... but not any more.
The room filled with the silence again.
That too with a disturbing one.
Again...
I sighed and called Nina to send me coffee in my room.

I now usually go back home late because I think there is no use to go back home after work when there is no one waiting for you.
When there is no one to care at what time I return.

But then I hurriedly muttered 'astaghfirullah' realizing what I was thinking just now. I'm a practising Muslimah, I don't want to say unpleasant words to my lord.
Allah SWT.
Which will only backfire me.

My mom always taught me,

"Allah is Al-wakeel- The disposer of affairs.
That is He who controls His worshipers' affairs and take care of them. He never abandons them nor leaves them to another source".