Chapter 20

.
.
.
.

.
.
.
Assalamualaikum people.
Apologies for making you wait this long. I'm not going to make excuses because I know I too feel bad when my books are not completed and I'm hanging in the middle of nowhere.
Believe me, I love you all.

My Instagram is siddiqui.zee for those who would like to follow me:) 😉

Amaan's POV

Things happen how they are bound to happen, how they are meant to be and that is what and how things change.
Sometimes we did not even expect changes, however, they happen, anyhow. I never wanted things to change this way.
I can never imagine things to change our life this way.
I love her, I can't ever put finger on her chastity.

She is my life!

~~~~~~

I parked the car and rested my head against the car seat, closing my eyes thinking of her.
How am I going to face her?
Sigh!

My fingers were trembling, my legs weren't allowing me to move.
Heaving a deep sigh I opened the car door and went out of it.

The house sounded empty and bare as if no one came here since long.
It was just about the morning everyone was smiling at the breakfast.
I went in further and not after seconds, Asiya, one of the maids walked past by me hastily to my room with a water bottle in her hand.
I too rushed towards my room, however, I stood outside with no courage to go in the room.
Everything was inconveniently calm. A calm, eating our peace.
I hope this time passes early too.
Sigh!

Mom came out of the room distracted and worn out.
However, my view to her eyes changed her whole demeanour.

"Amaan, oh my Allah! Where were you all this time? You were wanted here for Allah's sake." She hurried toward me yelling loud enough for me to listen, circling her hands around my waist, resting her head on my chest and sobbing and sniffing.
"Are you okay?" She parted, her hands still on my arms.

"Yes, mom. I am ok..okay." And believe me, I was everything but okay at this moment.
Everything in me was nowhere near ok.
I was dying inside.
"Amaan?"
She was too tired to even talk.
This was the time I realised my mom went through all of this because of me.
I looked at her feeling ashamed for everything I did.
"You are pregnant." She blurted weakly.
"Mom..?" I shouted back.
She chuckled "Ahh I mean.."
"Obviously, I got that mom but are you serious? I mean is she really...?"  Listening to this all the blood in my body rushed too fast to bring a smile and a glow to my face
I am going to be a father.
She nodded hastily smiling making me grin like a maniac and I hug her again kissing her forehead in a row.
"She didn't know anything, yet, she is very weak Amaan, this is not good for her health, she didn't gain consciousness since last seven hours." Mom said breaking the hug.
And then, Zoha's shout from the room shook both of us.