Last Chapter

"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves that you may dwell in tranquillity with them and He has put love and mercy between your hearts: verily in that are signs for those who reflect." ~~ Quràn

"...Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)." ~~~ Quràn

My Instagram is siddiqui.zee for those who would like to follow me:) 😉

After looking at him for she didn't know how long, the thoughts which were giving her a hard time came out of her mouth.
Surprising him.
"You look... torn?" Zoha took a step forward to him, Amaan following her.
Zidan knows very well he can hide everything, his emotions, from this cruel world but not from Zoha.
Few words from her made him reminded that he has someone to care for him, someone who still loves him.
Someone he spent his life with.
Someone who knows him like the back of her hand.
This past three year was the miserable part of his life.
He suffered a lot, he went through so much...
And he knew zoha already understood him.
Both looking at each other, both in their own contemplated thoughts.

Without sparing mere seconds she wrapped her hands around Zidan's waist, sobbing hard.
His one hand reached her head and the other on her shoulder tenderly, he closed his eyes to gather all the amount of piece he could gather from her embrace if possible.

"I... I misse..d yo..ou Zi.. Zidan, I missed yo...ou badly." She cried, her body trembling due to so much of crying.
He hugged her closer to him.
"Hush! I know love, please stop crying, you know I hate it when you cry, sweetheart." He begged her knowing her state of health very well.
The way Zidan said, sweetheart, reminded Amaan of the call he answered the other night before leaving for U.S
Amaan was trying very hard still who this person is and the fact that his wife was in his embrace was boiling his blood.

"I missed you too sweetheart, I missed you too.... love." Zidan sighed.
Why does he even had to leave her?

Everything was bothering Amaan too much, he was so hurt because Zoha was not in her right state.
She was hurt... too.

He pulled away from the hug and he lingered a kiss on her forehead, he cupped her face with both of his hand wiping her tears away from his thumb, he continued.
"Stop it, I'm here, we are together." He hushed her again.
Zoha nodded in agreement.

"Come, sit." He pulled her to the couch and nodded at Farah who was shedding tears because of the so painful reunion in front of her.
Farah took the cue and left only after pulling Amaan outside with her.

They both went into the kitchen. Farah took out the water bottle as she felt the need to drink water.
"What is going on mom? Who is he?" He questioned, perplexed and angry
"Amaan you don't remember Zidan even a bit?" She looked at him expectantly.
"Not even a bit mom." He replied looking at the room from they just came back.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I had upset you in so many ways, darling, I can never be sorrier. I made you go through all of this alone." He said disappointed in himself, his head held low now.

Zoha was upset would be the understatement, however, she was no cruel being to not see in his eyes his misery.
She took his hand in her.

"Zidan please tell me what happened with you in this past years? She questioned concerned and worried like hell to him.

What made him look so vulnerable and torn? She thought.
The Zidan she knew was exactly opposite of someone sitting in front of her.
She pleaded him once again to tell her what happened, he nodded this time.